The Vatican Has Fallen

Discussion in 'Church Critique' started by padraig, Dec 31, 2016.

  1. picadillo

    picadillo Guest

    Enquiring minds want to know. Especially coupled with the fact that there isn't much catholic about PF. God will lead us to the truth.





     
    Suzanne and SgCatholic like this.
  2. AED

    AED Powers

    I just read this last night! Glad you posted.
     
    Mary's child and SgCatholic like this.
  3. SgCatholic

    SgCatholic Guest

    This is very significant.
    Why is Pope Benedict being controlled like that, to the extent that even close friends have no access to His Holiness?
    Who is controlling Pope Benedict?

    +
     
    Don_D and AED like this.
  4. SgCatholic

    SgCatholic Guest

    When Pope Benedict first arrived at Regensburg, we were told that he would be staying there indefinitely because his brother is ill.
    Then the Apostolic Nuncio travels from Munich to see Pope Benedict.
    Next thing we hear is that Pope Benedict will be returning to Rome.
    I smell a rat.
    Br Bugnolo was right.

    +
     
    Suzanne, Booklady and AED like this.
  5. SgCatholic

    SgCatholic Guest

    I agree that Pope Benedict looks suspiciously like he is being physically abused.
    :(:cry:

    +
     
    Booklady, Mary's child and AED like this.
  6. HeavenlyHosts

    HeavenlyHosts Powers

    This is a great homily. Thank you for posting.
     
    theflyingnun and AED like this.
  7. josephite

    josephite Powers

    Frodo you may call it [​IMG]but the continuity is not there for me.

    So I call it a new teaching as it goes against the Council of Trent and the Catholic Catechism.

    Yesterday morning when I read Praetorian replies to my post from the night before, regarding the new Catholic teachings on intentions, I was upset that Praetorian felt so deeply offended by my post and I felt dreadful!

    I spent the morning trying to find out about this new teaching, between doing my household chores.

    At approximately 240 pm / 20 to 3, I said to my husband, I'm going out to pray. I go outside everyday to pray but normally around 400 pm.

    I commenced my prayers and prayed the Divine Mercy chaplet, made a spiritual communion and said other prayers as is my routine. I especially prayed for Praetorian and the MoG forum during this time, and I felt a deep sorrow, offering this strange grief feeling to Our Lord.

    We live on a property and by the time I had reached our large back dam I looked towards the house and saw my husband driving out our driveway (he had to do an errand in town, we live 30 minutes from town) it would have been around 300 pm at this time.

    I commenced the Joyful Mysteries of the rosary, when I had completed the introductory prayers I asked, as I always do for the Holy Spirit to enlighten me as to what I should offer the rosary for.

    My Habit is always to start these intentions with prayers for my children and grandchildren, then priests and bishops than Our Lady's requests etc, it has become long, probably taking 5 minutes in itself (when I pray the rosary with my husband I am not allowed to do this, so I shorten it)

    But yesterday at the dam, an unanticipated inspiration took me by surprise and I was to offer this rosary for Carmel (my mother in law) who lives in a nursing home about 100 kms away.

    I said to the Lord; I offer this rosary for Carmel may she rest in peace! But immediately I corrected and scolded myself, as Carmel is alive ... and said Dear Lord I offer this rosary for Carmel, Please look after her soul and than I added my normal offerings.

    Michael returned from town at about 400pm and I finished the seven sorrows rosary at about 430 pm and walked inside.

    Michael looked at me and said there was a call from Vicki (Michael's sister) on the answering machine and I called her back......... "Mum has just died at 310pm today".

    I raced past Michael and threw myself on the floor in front of our altar to the Sacred and Immaculate Hearts, thanking the Lord for what He had just done for Carmel and what He had revealed to me, I then cuddled and consoled Michael.

    Could you please pray for Carmel she was 83 years old, her death was sudden, she was a good woman who had a hard life, and she was originally a Catholic.

    When we used to visit my in-laws when my children were growing up and I would go to Sunday Mass with my children, Carmel always said as I walked out the door please say a prayer for me.
     
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2020
  8. HeavenlyHosts

    HeavenlyHosts Powers

    Josephite, please accept my deepest sympathy as you and your husband and family confront this great loss. May the soul of Carmel Rest In Peace. May Our Lord and Our Lady console your family.
    This was a remarkable and holy grace you received. God bless you.
     
  9. AED

    AED Powers

    This is so powerful. How good Our Lord is to give you that intention! Thank you for sharing this. I smiled at the first part of your post about your intentions. So similar to mine! I will pray for Carmel. I am sorry for Michael's loss and for the whole family.
     
  10. Frodo

    Frodo Archangels

    Prayers for your family. God is so good. How blessed she is to have you as a daughter in law.
     
  11. Jo M

    Jo M Powers

    I am so sorry for your loss Josephite. Prayers for Carmel, and your family going up. Thank you for sharing this very special story. God bless.
     
    Mary's child and DeGaulle like this.
  12. Sanctus

    Sanctus "Jesus I trust in you!"

    I think they were DeGaulle. Plenty of "wooden hearts" around today :D:whistle: Only joking!
     
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2020
    SgCatholic, DeGaulle and AED like this.
  13. SgCatholic

    SgCatholic Guest

    A new video by John Henry Westen that is very worth your while:



    +
     
    Suzanne likes this.
  14. HeavenlyHosts

    HeavenlyHosts Powers

    While I receive on the tongue, it’s above our pay grade to tell people they are committing sacrilege at an NO Mass.
    can of worms
    Rabbit hole etc
     
    Mary's child and AED like this.
  15. BrianK

    BrianK Guest

    https://www.breitbart.com/faith/202...said-public-mass-during-pandemic-adolescents/

    ‘Adolescents’: Pope Francis Slams Priests Who Said Public Mass During Pandemic
    Thomas D. Williams, Ph.D.23 Jun 2020
    [​IMG]
    Remo Casilli/Pool Photo via AP
    3:48

    ROME — Pope Francis had sharp words last weekend for “disobedient” priests who continued to say public Mass for the faithful and to hear confessions during the coronavirus lockdown, accusing them of behaving like “adolescents.”

    “In recent months, people have not been able to participate in the liturgical celebrations, but they have not stopped feeling like a community,” the pope told a gathering of healthcare personnel from the hard-hit Lombardy region. “They prayed individually or as a family, including through the media, spiritually united and perceiving that the Lord’s embrace went beyond the limits of space.”


    Francis praised “the pastoral zeal and creative concern of priests” who helped people to continue along the path of faith without feeling alone in the face of pain and fear during the lockdown, but drew the line at those who bucked civil decrees calling for the suspension of the sacraments.

    “In a few cases, this priestly creativity turned into adolescent expressions of rebellion against the regulations of the authorities, who have an obligation to safeguard the health of the people,” Francis said, “But most were obedient and creative.”

    The pope was referring to widely publicized cases of priests and bishops who continued celebrating Masses and hearing confessions without turning away the faithful, even at the risk of being fined or arrested.

    In mid-March, for example, the local police of Cerveteri, outside Rome, interrupted a Mass that was being live-streamed on Facebook because there were several people kneeling outdoors in front of the Church. The officers dismissed the priest who was celebrating the Mass and then went up to the altar and ordered the faithful to depart, telling them it was forbidden for them to be there.

    The week before Easter, Italian law enforcement intervened at the end of a Palm Sunday Mass celebrated by Bishop Raffaello Martinelli in the diocese of Frascati, to the southeast of Rome, with some 40 persons in attendance.

    The bishop had left the doors to the cathedral open and made sure that the faithful kept a safe distance from one another, but despite these precautions he received a fine for non-compliance with the rules against the coronavirus pandemic, which defined church attendance as a non-essential — and therefore unlawful — activity.

    In mid-April, police broke up an Easter vigil Mass with a congregation of some thirty people at the church of St. Mary of the Virgins in the southern Italian region of Calabria. A priest named Father Giovanni De Riggi was officiating the service and later apologized on the parish’s Facebook page, but insisted he was observing safety protocols and social distancing.

    “In the celebration held behind closed doors, there were only the figures required by the rite along with their families, all of whom were seated one per pew, in full respect of the social distance imposed and without any public gathering,” the priest wrote.

    That same weekend, police raided a church in the northwestern Italian city of Sanremo on suspicions that an illicit public Mass might be underway, but found only a small group of people engaged in private prayer and observing appropriate distances.

    While shunning such priestly behavior as “adolescent,” Pope Francis praised those who fully complied with all the regulations and found alternative ways to be present to the faithful without the sacraments.

    “I admired the apostolic spirit of so many priests, who went with their phones, knocked on doors, rang houses: ‘Do you need anything? I can go shopping for you…’ A thousand things,” Francis said.

    “These priests who remained beside their people in caring and daily sharing: they were a sign of God’s consoling presence,” the pope said. “They were fathers, not adolescents.”
     
  16. BrianK

    BrianK Guest

    In other words this pope shuns extending the eternal goods of the Church, the sacraments, but praises temporal efforts instead. And we wonder why our bishops are so pathetic? They follow a heretic of a pope.

    “While shunning such priestly behavior as “adolescent,” Pope Francis praised those who fully complied with all the regulations...​

    ““I admired the apostolic spirit of so many priests, who went with their phones, knocked on doors, rang houses: ‘Do you need anything? I can go shopping for you…’ A thousand things,” Francis said.”​
     
    SgCatholic, maryrose and Blizzard like this.
  17. Blizzard

    Blizzard thy kingdom come

    "I can go shopping for you".

    Really? I mean, REALLY?

    No sacraments... but I can get you a pizza... pepperoni? and how about a coke?
     
    SgCatholic, AED, BrianK and 1 other person like this.
  18. Blizzard

    Blizzard thy kingdom come

    On the other hand, these priests will probably get high praise.

    Catholic leaders mark Pride Month via video conference
    Jun 23, 2020
    by Sarah Salvadore
    People
    web James Martin.jpg
    [​IMG]
    Jesuit Fr. James Martin introduces Outreach 2020, the LGBTQ Catholic ministry conference, hosted online by Fordham University. (NCR screenshot)
    Prominent Catholic leaders sent messages of video support to the LGBTQ community for Pride Month after Outreach 2020, a Catholic LGBTQ conference hosted by Fordham University, was canceled due to the coronavirus pandemic.

    The June 18 video began with Jesuit Fr. James Martin reminding all LGBTQ Catholics that God created them, and that they are as much a part of the Catholic Church as the pope, bishops or local pastors.

    In their messages, speakers offered words of hope and encouragement, and called on the church and members to be more inclusive.

    Outreach 2020: Catholic Leaders Speak with the LGBTQ Community
    Video of Outreach 2020: Catholic Leaders Speak with the LGBTQ Community
    Dominican Sr. Luisa Derouen, who has been a minister to the transgender community since 1999, said she missed meeting all transgender participants. "It was an honor and privilege of my life to walk with you on your sacred journey," she said.

    Archbishop John Wester of Santa Fe, New Mexico, showed his support to those who minister to the LGBTQ community. He called their work "valuable" and "appreciated." Wester said that ministers played the part of the "good shepherd" by bringing LGBTQ members closer to God. "Your ministry serves all of us as you proclaim God's unconditional love and mercy in a world torn apart by prejudice and exclusion," he said.

    Jesuit Fr. John Cecero, superior of the Jesuits USA Northeast Province, called LGBTQ members to "share in the reconciling mission of Jesus." He said it was an invitation to dialogue, in an open, respectful way, not just in the church but in society and culture as well. He encouraged LGBTQ members to face hatred and homophobia in the church and country by being "beacons of light."

    Speakers also used the platform to call for introspection on racial justice issues.

    web louise douren.jpg
    [​IMG]
    Dominican Sr. Luisa Derouen, who has been a minister to the transgender community since 1999, speaks in the Outreach 2020 video. (NCR screenshot)
    Fr. Bryan Massingale, professor of theological and social ethics at Fordham, called for inclusivity, saying that many times in the LGBTQ community people don't accept those "who look like me." He reminded everyone that the LGBTQ rights movement is inseparable from the struggle against oppression, because the movement was originally started by LGBTQ people of color.

    "I want to speak to you as a black gay man during this Pride Month. … I implore you to say sometimes during this month Black Lives Matter. Until and unless black lives matter, then all gay lives, all lesbian lives, all bisexual lives, all trans lives, all queer lives won't matter because mine won't matter," said Massingale.

    Speakers acknowledged the various gifts and contributions of the community to the church. Bishop John Stowe of Lexington, Kentucky, said he admired LGBTQ members for being faithful to their Catholic identity. Religious Sister of Charity Edith Prendergast said the LGBTQ community was a gift to the Catholic Church and that they deserve respect, acceptance and love.

    Fr. Greg Greiten from the Archdiocese of Milwaukee said he understood the struggles of "growing up gay in the Catholic Church."

    "I share with you the words that I so wanted to hear in my life, while I was coming to terms with my sexuality. You are loved. You are a beloved child of God. … You are okay just the way God made you. Be who you are, bring your gifts into the world and let your light shine for all to see," he said.

    web Bryan Massingale.jpg
    [​IMG]
    Fr. Bryan Massingale, professor of theological and social ethics at Fordham University, speaks in the Outreach 2020 video. (NCR screenshot)
    Although the church hasn't been too welcoming in the past, J.R. Zerkowski, executive director of Fortunate Families, an organization supporting parents with LGBTQ children, asked members not to give up. Shelly Fitzgerald, a Catholic LGBTQ activist who was fired from her job for being gay, called on them to be hopeful and not doubt their place in the church. "I pray that you always believe that you have a place in this church," she said.

    Others were more hopeful of an inclusive environment in the years to come.

    "Fifty years ago, church leaders never talked about LGBT issues. But now, thank God, a number of bishops have celebrated mass for LGBT Catholics, and their family and friends," said Loretto Sr. Jeannine Gramick, co- founder of New Ways Ministry.

    The conference is scheduled to reconvene next year in New York City.

    [Sarah Salvadore is NCR's Bertelsen intern. Her email address is ssalvadore@ncronline.org.]

    https://www.ncronline.org/news/people/catholic-leaders-mark-pride-month-video-conference
     
  19. HeavenlyHosts

    HeavenlyHosts Powers

    I would like to add to my post about the John Henry Weston video. He suggests at the end that we can submit a letter found on the Vatican website to our priest saying we have the right to receive on the tongue.(was done during Swine flu) or we can write the CDW
    Congregation for Divine Worship and receive an answer
    Communion on the tongue is the norm in the Catholic Church
    Mr Weston suggests that if you can’t receive on the tongue, make a spiritual Communion and offer it up to Our Lord
    Other than that, there’s not much else we can do.
    The decision to allow Communion in the hand was made by the bishops and was railroaded through, according to the video.
     
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2020
    Booklady, AED and Don_D like this.

Share This Page