The Divine Will

Discussion in 'Consecration to Mary' started by Border collie, Nov 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lynnfiat

    lynnfiat Fiat Voluntas Tua

    "You must live in continual contact with the Trinity, united to the three divine Persons by the grace of the mystical incarnation: with the Father offering Him His Word, with the Son, giving delights to the Father, with the Holy Spirit, accepting Him for your spirit, the inspirer of your feelings and of all that you are, transforming you since you are possessed by Him."
    "You must live, breathe, labor, in the bosom of these three divine Persons." "Thus you will sanctify your life and what you are, divinizing you whole being and each of your steps to heaven."
    "Even on the summits of the spiritual life this vital progress continues. This life of union still mounts toward unity, of course not a unity in the order of being, but in the intentional order of knowledge and love."
    "This degree is the work of the Holy Spirit alone who becomes the soul of this soul and the life of this body."

    "Simplify your spirit. Remove all complications coming from creatures and things. Love Me in Unity; live, breathe, act, bring about that all virtues and all dispoilings of yourself tend toward this Unity....You must live in this essential Unity, in this Unique God, bringing together your spiritual life in one only Love; Him, in one only will. In this capital point of unity of wills consist the perfection of this Unity."

    I highly recommend anyone desiring to living in the Divine Will, read "Conchita, A Mothers Spiritual Diary" and also her book "To My Priests".

    I will also tell you that I have been studying the living in the Divine Will for over 20 years and have a very long way to go to this unity of wills. I tell Jesus every day that if it is His Will for me, then He must do everything for me as I can do nothing without Him and our Blessed Mothers help!
    God bless you and may our Mama Mary keep you under Her mantle of love!
    One more point I would make - without my asking for and receiving the Gift of contemplative prayer, I would be nowhere in the spiritual life. It was my close contact with Jesus and Our Lady that brought me to the understanding of who they truly are and who I am (nothing!).
     
  2. My comment above comes from realising that in the DW I must decrease and He must increase in me, and that to me means dying to my own will so the DW can reign in me. Like I said previously Our Lady blessed me greatly for myself but more for others without me having to be asking. One of the first lines from my bible that jumped out at me in the early days of my conversion was "Seek first the Kingdom of God and His righteousness and all else will be added on to you." I have always held onto that and believed it! Every time we pray we are asking God for our holiness. I have never asked or thought about asking for the gift of contemplative prayer, but Our Lady had other plans and she gave it to me.
     
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 1, 2016
  3. Julia

    Julia Immaculate Heart of Mary, pray for us.

    God bless you Lynnfiat, Kathy and all who are drawn to the safety of Divine Will. I think I am not even a toddler yet. But where there is life there is hope. Thanks to your dedication, I found this on Mother of God forum.

    I just want to share how having started reading the 24 hours of the Passion of Our Lord Jesus Christ one hour per day since Ash Wednesday. It happens I will complete the 24th hour on March 4th. The day Holy Father Francis has asked us to make a 24 hours of prayer.

    4th March is also the anniversary of my earthly fathers entry into eternity. And the anniversary of my own Baptism in 1948. I was born on 23rd February that year. So it is a special day for a lot of reasons, praise God.
     
  4. I would also like to say thanks to Lynnfiat and Kathy and Ecclesiasticus and all the others who contribute to this thread. We are all learning from each other, and as far as I know it has remained a peaceful thread so far..... it reminds me of the part of the Consecration to the Divine Will which is addressed to Our Lady; " You will cover me with Your mantle so that the infernal serpent dare not penetrate into this sacred Eden to entice me and make me fall into the maze of my human will."
     
    Sam, maryn, Ecclesiasticus 2 and 9 others like this.
  5. kathy k

    kathy k Guest

    BC;

    I understand what you are saying, but the "gift" of contemplative prayer, as far as I can tell, is just listening! Giving the Lord and our Mother space to speak to us. I see it as keeping them company, resting with them, in silence.
     
  6. lynnfiat

    lynnfiat Fiat Voluntas Tua

    Jesus once told me that He speaks to everyone, but they do not listen. If we place ourselves in His presence, He is eager to speak to us, but we need to listen - getting rid of distractions. I see the Gift of contemplative prayer as somewhat in stages. Some goes beyond hearing with the ears of our souls and into seeing with the eyes of our souls.
     
    PotatoSack, Sam, kathy k and 2 others like this.
  7. Fatima

    Fatima Powers

    God's message in GSWYL to Verne Dagenais on the Living in the Divine Will in our times.

    07/27/07

    My son, you must write these words and share them with my children. These words are especially important for those who are my faithful children throughout this, my earth. Many times, my children, you wonder: why are the events happening in your world, in the way in which they are taking place? Events seem random, chaotic. Creation seems out of balance. These are natural thoughts through a human understanding. But these are not my thoughts. For my thoughts are not your thoughts, nor your ways my way, saith the Lord. Isaias 55:8. My people, you need to learn to start thinking as I think or nothing transpiring on your earth will make any sense to you. How do you begin to understand and think as I your Father does? By learning to understand, think, live, and exist in my Divine will only, and not your human will. You my children are limited in your understanding, because of your human condition of original sin. The creation cannot comprehend the creator. Infinity is far above the finite. But by accepting and learning to live in my will, you will begin in this life to understand your Father. Even my angels in heaven cannot understand me completely. This is one reason why Satan’s power is limited, because even he is my creation and is limited by my will. He just cannot bring himself to admit this. Pride was and will always be his downfall and so it will be your downfall if you allow pride to rule your heart, soul, and mind.

    My son, you might wonder, why am I giving you messages for the world. It is simple: It is my will. I am putting aside my glory and honor to talk with my people. I am trying to explain concepts to my people, so any person can understand. I want you to consider your family situation. You are a husband and a father. What grief you would experience, if you lost your wife and children to death. In this life, you would no longer be able to love them. They would be gone from your presence. Now, my son I want you to apply the same situation to your Eternal Father. I am that Father and you are those children. My son I created all my children. All my children are made in my image and likeness. What loss I experience, when my children are lost forever from my presence.

    Ponder on eternity. I am a Father and millions of my children are going to be separated from their Father forever. My sacred heart experiences tremendous pain over the loss of so many souls. I am describing myself in human terms for your comprehension. Again, think of the loss of your family and ponder on the loss of millions of my children forever. Forever deprived of their Father’s love and mercy. Forever tormented in the pool of fire along with their false father Satan. Why do you think your world is still in existence to this day? Because of your merciful Father. I will search and seek for everyone of my children. Just as you would seek for one of your lost children. This is truly my will to save my children. I do not want even one of my children to be lost forever. Now, you begin to understand the events of your time. The events taking place are to bring my children home to me. It is to save as many souls from being separated from their Father as possible. If you truly understand my will, you will have peace no matter what happens. For you will recognize your Father’s will in all events. It is for the salvation of souls. Do not wish for this world to be cleansed from evil. Pray for the salvation of souls. You were once lost, but now are found. Without my will, you would be in the same position as my lost children. Therefore my children, you have no reason for pride or condemnation of your brothers and sisters. Do not judge the condition of another’s soul, for you cannot comprehend the depths of my mercy. Look after your own soul, thou proud and sinful man! You must show those who are lost how to find their Father. This is my will for my children. By your living, speaking, and thinking in my will, you will bring souls to my son for salvation. For my son is the only way to return to your Father. Thus I have spoken. Thus it is my will. My word will not return to me void. Start thinking, as your Father comprehends. My word must be fulfilled. But the fulfillment of my word is the salvation of souls. My son, as the events happen, be a beacon of light, joy, and peace to those around you. These events are to wakeup my children for their eternal salvation. My people have been blinded by the world and its sinful desires. I must take away these worldly pleasures, so my children have an opportunity to return to their Father. Without these events, the pit of hell will continue to be populated by my children. These are my children, not his. Once you understand my will in these events, you shall have peace. Do not concern yourself and spend so much time trying to figure out the sequence of events. Every one of your predictions, have been wrong. Only I your Eternal Father is in control. Work for the salvation of souls and the will of your Father in heaven. Then you my faithful, will walk with me through the fire and enter into my kingdom and era of peace. The ungodly will perish. But, the fulfillment of my Divine will is accomplished. The salvation of souls will have been done. All of my children will have made a decision to return to me or reject me. Once all my children have been given an opportunity to return to their Eternal Father, this era will end and a new era will begin. This is the peace and joy awaiting my faithful. Live in my Divine will. Live in my son’s peace and joy. Bring souls to my son. My people return to your Father. Then my faithful you make your Father happy. I ask you a simple question: Have you made your eternal Father happy today? Are you leading souls to me, or turning souls away from me? If you are leading souls astray by your words, thoughts, or actions, you truly do not love your Father or understand my will. These are the words of the Lord.
     
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2016
    Jeanne, kathy k and Sam like this.
  8. lynnfiat

    lynnfiat Fiat Voluntas Tua

    More on unity:
    From the Book of Heaven, Vol. 23, Feb. 20, 1928
    "Unity means centralization and origin of all the acts of creatures, past, present and future. So, before sinning, when he possessed Our unity, Adam enclosed within his thoughts the unity of all the thoughts of creatures, the unity of all words, works and steps. Therefore, I would find in him, in my unity, the origin, the continuation and the end of all the acts of the human generations. In my unity, he enclosed everyone and possessed everything."..." So, my daughter, as you rise to that same unity which he left, you take his place; and placing yourself in the origin of everyone and of everything, you enclose within yourself the very acts of Adam, with the whole retinue of all the acts of creatures. It is understood that Adam was supposed to possess and enclose everyone, had he not withdrawn from Our Will and had he always lived in Our unity; and if it were so, the human generations would all have lived in Our Will. So, one would have been the Will, one the unity, one the echo of all, placing everything in common, so that each one would have enclosed everything within himself.”
     
    Jeanne and Sam like this.
  9. lynnfiat

    lynnfiat Fiat Voluntas Tua

    Father Philipon, Theologian and Editor of Conchita's Diary said, "We are incontestably in a new era of spirituality...a calling of all, even the laity, even of married people, to the greatest holiness." According to Fr. Philipon, the mystical incarnation "surpassed" the mystical marriage and revealed that "...there is an infinity of possible union stages between the creature and God." In his revelation to Conchita, Jesus explained that the soul in the mystical incarnation progresses from union of wills to unity."
     
    Jeanne and Sam like this.
  10. Sam

    Sam Powers

    Well, Daniel O'Connor has done it again! With DeMontfort's 33 day Consecration to Jesus through Mary he is "Combining this aforementioned Marian Consecration with a daily reading from the Blessed Virgin Mary in the Kingdom of the Divine Will, and a daily reading from the Hours of the Passion (up to the Triduum)". It starts March 1'st and as he said if your late, just read and catch up.

    http://dsdoconnor.com/2016/02/29/an-extraordinary-opportunity-for-grace/

    I'm already on the third day of the DeMontfort Consecration with my prayer group, so Ive just caught up with Luisa's readings. He has a link to the whole download.

    https://danieloconnor.files.wordpress.com/2016/02/entire-33-day-regimen.pdf
     
  11. I asked the question from a few prominent teachers of the DW of what was supposed to happen to people to stop an over population of the earth if the fall had not occurred, and when living in the DW becomes a reality? I got different replies... We were supposed to live to a certain age and then be taken into heaven... We were supposed to do so many acts in the DW and then be taken to heaven..
    Perhaps anybody who has studied the DW will be able to clarify?
     
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 5, 2016
  12. lynnfiat

    lynnfiat Fiat Voluntas Tua

    The answer
    The answer
    to your first question if I understand it properly is: God is the Creator and would never do anything to jeopardize the existence of man. He loves us and has the perfect plan for all of humanity.
    Your next two questions I am not certain I understand, but there is nothing in any of the volumes of the Book of Heaven that would seam to answer either one. As far as the "acts" are concerned, Jesus told Luisa that the fullness of the coming of God's Kingdom on earth will not come until the "void" is filled with acts united to His are complete. If you need me to clarify this through the writings of Luisa, I will do so when time permits. God bless you.
     
  13. lynnfiat

    lynnfiat Fiat Voluntas Tua

    "...the Hours of the Passion are not just a reading, and not even a devotion, but a formation of life: the interior life of Jesus. In this way, day after day, we will feel more and more that Jesus is truly living in us - not just in our life, but with very His Divine Life." St. Annabale Maria de Francia
     
    Sam likes this.
  14. andree

    andree Powers

    I don't want to divert from Luisa's writings, but there is a passage in The Poem of the Man God about this, in the first volume, which I'll add here because it is about the Divine Will.

    In a lesson in the first volume, Jesus says that the corruption of original sin brought man to unite with a woman and conceive life through sensuality, which deprived God from granting them children according to rules that, if respected, would have maintained an equilibrium between the sexes and races on earth, which would have prevented wars between peoples and hardships in families.

    Personally, I think that the Holy Family is our model for a family and the union between Joseph and Mary is the one that we are also meant to have. I'm not saying that all unions in the Divine Will are supposed to be chaste like theirs, but Jesus's conception was the result of God's Will and not of sensuality, and so I think that somehow, this is how it would be in a world where we were all living in the Divine Will.
     
    lynnfiat, Jeanne and kathy k like this.
  15. Fatima

    Fatima Powers

    March 1, 2016 message to Luz de Maria

    Keeping My Son, not as a priority, but as a strategy for the time when you need help, is an inconsistency, since each one receives according to the measure with which he acts and works in Divine Will.
    MY CHILDREN ARE NOT UNINTERESTED; THEY DO NOT HALF LIVE… THEY ARE THE ONES WHO STRIVE WITHOUT EXCUSES; THEY ARE THE ONES WHO GIVE EVERYTHING FOR THE DIVINE ALL.


    Man will not achieve Divine Will by acting with works that are so worldly. BE WILLING AND READY TO DECIDE TO CHANGE; OTHERWISE, IT WILL NOT BE POSSIBLE FOR YOU TO MOVE AWAY FROM THE MUNDANE AND SINFUL, AND YOU WILL BE LESS LIKELY TO ASCEND SPIRITUALLY.
    In order to survive, this humanity needs to be Love, grow in the Love, feed off Love…


    Beloved children of My Immaculate Heart, you must know that prayer must be accompanied by acts and works according to Divine Will. The true Christian is the one who obeys God’s Law and shows himself as he is.
     
    Jeanne, Ecclesiasticus 2 and kathy k like this.
  16. lynnfiat

    lynnfiat Fiat Voluntas Tua

    "My daughter, I have a great deal to complain about because only a few are willing to listen. I complain in vain to those souls consecrated to Me; they do not want to listen to Me, although there would be many things I would like to discuss with them about the coming of My Kingdom!" (May 24, 1962 - The Flame of Love)
     
    kathy k likes this.
  17. lynnfiat

    lynnfiat Fiat Voluntas Tua

    “My daughter, the surest sign and the seal of my teachings in you is that you feel nothing of your own. And besides, isn’t the living in my Will precisely this - to lose oneself in Me? How can you go searching for your desires, affections and other things, if you have lost them in my Will? My Will is immense, and it takes too much to find them. And in order to live in Me, it is befitting to live no longer of one’s own life; otherwise you show that you are not happy to live of my Life, and completely lost in Me.” Vol. 12, July 11, 1919
     
    Mario, Jeanne and kathy k like this.
  18. lynnfiat

    lynnfiat Fiat Voluntas Tua

    "‘Before’ and ‘after’ do not exist in Our Will, but everything is first act. Therefore, one who lives in Our Will, even if she came as last, comes always before everything. So, it is not the era in which souls come out to the light of time that will be considered, but whether the Life of my Will has been in them as center of life, reigning and dominating in all of their acts, just as It reigns and dominates in the womb of the Divinity. These will be the first; their acts done in Our Will will rise above all the acts of the other creatures, and all will remain behind; therefore these souls will be Our crown." Vol. 19, May 6, 1926

    And Jesus said to them: Amen, I say to you, that you, who have followed me, in the regeneration, when the Son of man shall sit on the seat of his majesty, you also shall sit on twelve seats judging the twelve tribes of Israel. [29] And every one that hath left house, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands for my name' s sake, shall receive an hundredfold, and shall possess life everlasting. [30] And many that are first, shall be last: and the last shall be first. Mt. 19:28-30
     
    kathy k likes this.
  19. Mario

    Mario Powers

    I am on Day 13 of walking with Mary in the Divine Will. Today she speaks of the sacrifice of her parents in placing their 3-yr-old daughter in the care of the Temple authorities:

    Moreover, I saw that as the day approached on which they were to deprive themselves of Me, who rendered their lives full of joy and of happiness, they felt such bitterness
    as to feel themselves dying. But, though suffering, they were disposed to make the heroic act of taking Me to the Lord.


    I will offer up my sacrifices today for BrianK and his wife and give them to Our Lady. They recently gave their son to a religious life with the Nobertines. Such a letting go is difficult and very pleasing to the Lord! May our sacrifices each day be prompted by the Holy Spirit and so always reflect the Divine Will!

    The sacrifice of Hannah in giving Samuel to the care of Eli at Shiloh:

    1 Sam 1:27 "For this boy I prayed, and the Lord has given me my petition which I asked of Him. 28 "So I have also dedicated him to the Lord; as long as he lives he is dedicated to the Lord." And he worshiped the Lord there.


    Safe in the Refuge of the Immaculate Heart!
     
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2016
    PotatoSack, Sam, lynnfiat and 2 others like this.
  20. FatimaPilgrim

    FatimaPilgrim Powers

    I've had a hard time wrapping my head around what I need to do to begin living in the Divine Will. Mark Mallett's relection today really hit home for me . . . I've been overthinking it, I think I just need to be simple and humble and quiet and let Him lead me one step at a time: http://www.markmallett.com/blog/the-simple-way-of-jesus/
    The Simple Way of Jesus
    LENTEN RETREAT
    Day 26

    [​IMG]



    EVERYTHING I have said up to this point in our retreat can be summed up in this way: life in Christ consists in doing the will of the Father with the help of the Holy Spirit. It is that simple! In order to grow in holiness, to reach even the very heights of sanctity and union with God, it isn’t necessary to become a theologian. In fact, that might even be a stumbling block for some.


    In reality, holiness consists of one thing only: complete loyalty to God’s will. —Fr. Jean-Pierre de Caussade, Abandonment to Divine Providence, translated by John Beevers, p. (introduction)

    Indeed, Jesus said:

    Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father in heaven. (Matt 7:21)

    There are many today crying “Lord, Lord, I have a Masters in Divinity! Lord, I have a diploma in Youth Ministry! Lord, I have founded an apostolate! Lord, Lord, I am a priest!….” But it is the one who does the will of the Father who will enter the kingdom of Heaven. And this docility to the will of God is what Jesus means when He says,

    Unless you turn and become like children, you will not enter the kingdom of Heaven. (Matt 18:3)

    What does it mean to become like a little child? It is to be totally abandoned in every circumstance, whatever form it takes, accepting it as God’s will. In a word, it is to be faithful always.

    Jesus is showing a Simple Way, to moment by moment bind oneself to the will of the Father in all things. But Jesus not only preached it, He lived it. Even though He was the Second Person of the Holy Trinity, Jesus would do nothing apart from His Father.

    …a son cannot do anything on his own, but only what he sees his father doing; for what he does, his son will do also… I do not seek my own will but the will of the one who sent me. (John 5:19, 30)

    Isn’t that stunning that Jesus, who is also God, would not take a step without doing it with and in the Father.

    My Father is at work until now, so I am at work. (John 5:17)

    If we consider the patriarchs, the prophets, all the way up to Our Blessed Mother, we see that their spirituality, their interior life consisted essentially in doing the will of God with their whole heart, mind, and body. Where were their spiritual directors, their counselors, their spiritual advisors? What blogs did they read or podcasts did they listen to? For them, life in God consisted in the simplicity of fidelity in every circumstance.

    Mary was the most simple of all creatures, and the most closely united to God. Her answer to the angel when she said, “Fiat mihi secundum verbum tuum” (“Let what you have said be done to me”) contained all the mystic theology of her ancestors to whom everything was reduced, as it is now, to the purest, simplest submission of the soul to the will of God, under whatever form it presents itself. —Fr. Jean-Pierre Caussade, Abandonment to Divine Providence, Saint Benedict Classics, p. 13-14

    It is the Simple Way that Jesus Himself took.

    …he emptied himself, taking the form of a slave… he humbled himself, becoming obedient to death, even death on a cross. (Phil 2:7)

    And now, He has pointed the Way for you and me.

    As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you; abide in my love. If you keep my commandments, you will abide in my love, just as I have kept my Father’s commandments and abide in his love. (John 15:9-10)

    Today, many want to attach themselves to this or that spirituality, this or that prophet, or this or that movement. There are many little tributaries that lead to God, but the simplest, most direct path is to follow the Great River of God’s will flowing in His commandments, the duty of the moment, and that which His permissive will presents throughout the day. This is the Narrow Pilgrim Road that leads to a depth of knowledge, wisdom, sanctity and union with God that surpasses all other ways, since it is the very road that Jesus Himself walked.



    SUMMARY AND SCRIPTURE

    The foundation of the interior life is to abandon yourself to God’s will in all things, seeing in whatever life presents you, the Simple Way to union with God.

    Whoever has my commandments and keeps them, he it is who loves me. And he who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I will love him and manifest myself to him . (John 14:21)

    [​IMG]​
     
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Share This Page