The Divine Will

Discussion in 'Consecration to Mary' started by Border collie, Nov 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mario

    Mario Powers

    Kathy,

    Thank you for this suggestion. I see the book is constructed for the month of May. However, since March 25 is both Good Friday and the Feast of the Annunciation I will begin this on this coming Wednesday.
    After all, one of my favorite prayers is:

    Come Holy Spirit, living in Mary, may You and Your beloved spouse bring me face-to-face with Jesus Crucified!

    And so they shall!:):cool::love:

    Safe in the Hearts of Jesus and Mary!
     
    kathy k likes this.
  2. Fatima

    Fatima Powers

    If there is one word which to me defines Living in the Divine Will it is 'abandonment'. My brother and I have discussed this, even about our spouses, who are good, loving and gracious in all their way's. In talking with our own wife, about this abandonment they go silent. Abandonment to what they ask? To everything in this world that is keeping us from loving him totally, from thinking of Him constantly and loving him in the smallest things of our daily lives. This means, and this is the hard part, willingness to surrender to the Divine Will a son or a daughter whom we may no longer be popular with, because they think we are to 'holy' and take our faith to 'serious'. It means willing to give up anything: job, money, popularity, comfort, home, opinions, gossips, Facebook, TV, etc... if, or as, as God is calling us out of these worldly comforts. Thus comes the silence from a spouse, or a friend or a child. When a person is willing, in the heart, to be detached from all love of this world, then one will begin to see through this abandonment the peace and joy of living in the Divine Will. This is 'thy kingdom come they will be done on earth as it is in heaven'. I feel I am on first base in this quest, but it will take much more abandonment to round second and third base on my stretch to home. I pray that I will get there through the purification and warning that seems soon in coming. Francine B. say's only these will make it through the purification and into the New Earth.
     
  3. kathy k

    kathy k Guest

    You and your brother should take heart in the story of Abraham. His wife "didn't get it", but trusted Abraham and went along for the ride. She eventually received a new name!

    Lately I keep hearing in prayer that I must not depend on my own understanding. This is only possible if I call out continuously for the Lord, in His Divine Will, to think in my thinking. And I'm calling on father Abraham to walk with me on the narrow path ahead.
     
  4. FatimaPilgrim

    FatimaPilgrim Powers

    Fatima and Kathy, you are both so right. We must trust God and not let old skinny legs convince our feeble minds that we know better.
     
    Ecclesiasticus 2 and kathy k like this.
  5. Mario

    Mario Powers

    Fatima,

    I agree abandonment is key, but I must be very careful how I define this. I see the word very much related to attachment. I must let go of any earthly attachment that deflects me from obedience to the Divine Will. One could have a wonderful marriage in the eyes of the world, but if I'm putting my wife before God, then the words of Jesus are applicable:

    Luke 18:28 Peter said, "Behold, we have left our own homes and followed You." 29 And He said to them, "Truly I say to you, there is no one who has left house or wife or brothers or parents or children, for the sake of the kingdom of God, 30 who will not receive many times as much at this time and in the age to come, eternal life."

    I'm not saying we need to leave home to follow Jesus; rather, He must be my first priority. On the other hand, the Divine Will in my life has called me to a marital, covenant relationship. My union with Geralyn is so profound that I love Jesus through her and live out my commitment to Him by means of my commitment to my wife. My love and protective care for my wife is an outward demonstration of my total interior surrender to God's Will. Similarly, we hear in 1John 4:

    19 We love, because He first loved us. 20 If someone says, "I love God," and hates his brother, he is a liar; for the one who does not love his brother whom he has seen, cannot love God whom he has not seen.

    I am not questioning anyone's commitment to his spouse or children and there are times when family members are on different wavelengths.

    But sometimes I wonder what a newbie to the forum or thread might be thinking when they bump into us. Words are important. When I was involved in the Charismatic Renewal for a number of years, I would sometimes speak to friends in what became known as "Chrissy talk". :rolleyes:Visitors were sometimes put off by that, so I when I write I strive to be understandable to all.:)

    Safe in the Hearts of Jesus and Mary!
     
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2016
  6. PotatoSack

    PotatoSack Powers

    Thanks mario. I am struggling with the word abandonment. When does one know when one has abandended ones will?
     
  7. kathy k

    kathy k Guest

    We will always have our will, which is the greatest gift the Father has given us. I think what we need to abandon is the willfulness that wants our own way. I think the sign that this is happening is a holy and reverential fear of leaving the Divine Will.
     
  8. fallen saint

    fallen saint Baby steps :)

    I wish I had more time very interesting.

    Divine Will is a way of living on the inside. On the outside we are normal everyday Christians. We don't fast... in front of everyone, we are not sad and we continue to follow our everyday life.

    Divine Will is not a outward extremism but it is a inward extremism.

    Brother al
     
    PotatoSack, Mario and kathy k like this.
  9. Fatima

    Fatima Powers

    Actually it is both interior and exterior. Living in the Divine Will is modeling our Lord and Blessed mother in spirit and flesh.
     
    Ecclesiasticus 2 likes this.
  10. fallen saint

    fallen saint Baby steps :)

    Not necessarily true...if one interior changes then obviously the exterior will follow. The exterior will be changed by your interior actions. To try to change those around you... is not necessarily Divine Will. That is one's personal will...not Divine Will. You and your brother can journey together but by forcing others... that is not Divine Will. I guess every action is guided by what Jesus would do... not what you think you should do. Its a fine line between following Gods Divine Will and acting like a holy roller. True humility would not let you act like a holy roller. Your interior actions do change you and by your example it changes others.

    Trying to convert others to this spirituality seems to go against Divine Will.

    Just a thought :)

    Brother al





     
  11. Ecclesiasticus 2

    Ecclesiasticus 2 Principalities


    " I guess every action is guided by what Jesus would do..."

    I agree with your statement with my whole heart, by Jesus's example and the statement at the end of the Mass. We are to "go forth and love and serve the Lord". Jesus is our example. This means that the interior of our heart, soul, mind and all of our strength need to be conformed to Gods will, "to Love". The Holy Spirit will guide and direct us in this love towards others. We were created to love and this is not a forced love of our own will, but a love of compassion and mercy. To go to those who are suffering and feel unloved, as Jesus did on His journey on earth and continues today in His sacrifice for us. This is done in the same way we go to our Father in prayer with humility. We were first created to be loved by God and this will continue, His love will never cease and will draw ourselves deeper into His divinity if we "will" to release ourselves over to Him. Jesus is the example of being loved by His Father and taking this love to the world.

    In the book"The Shack" this statement is so true and follows what I have just stated above: "You on the other hand, were created to be loved. So for you to live as if you were unloved is a limitation" ..."Living unloved is like clipping a birds wings and removing its ability to fly. Not something I want for you. Pain has a way of clipping our wings and keeping us from being able to fly. And if it's left unresolved for very long, you can almost forget that you were ever created to fly in the first place. Love and relationship. All love and relationship is possible for you only because it already exists within Me, within God myself. Love is not the limitation; love is the flying. I Am Love."
     
  12. fallen saint

    fallen saint Baby steps :)

  13. lynnfiat

    lynnfiat Fiat Voluntas Tua

    "...the Great Queen will do to the children of my Will what she did for her Jesus, and her Maternity will have life in her children.
    I will give my own place in her Maternal Heart to those who live in my Will. She will raise them for me, guiding their steps and hiding them in her Maternity and sanctity. Her Maternal love and her sanctity will be impressed in all their acts; they will be her true children, being like me in everything. Oh! how I would love everyone to know that if they want to live in my Will, they have a Queen and a powerful Mother who will compensate for all they lack. She will raise them on her maternal lap, being with them in everything they do, molding their acts as her own; to the extent that they will be known as the children grown, kept and educated by the loving Maternity of my Mama. These will be the ones who will make Her happy, the ones who will be Her glory and honor."

    Our Mother, our Queen, keep us safely enclosed in your Heart!
     
    kathy k, Ecclesiasticus 2 and Sam like this.
  14. lynnfiat

    lynnfiat Fiat Voluntas Tua

    Luisa's Death - Mar. 4, 1947
    Luisa, pray with us for the coming of God's Kingdom on earth - soon! View attachment 4410

    Luisa had said that she was born "upside down", and that therefore it was right that her death should be "upside down" in comparison with that of other creatures. She remained in a sitting position as she had always lived, and had to be carried to the cemetery in this position, in a coffin specially made for her with a glass front and sides, so that she could be seen by everyone, like a queen upon her throne, dressed in white with the Fiat on her breast. More than forty priests, the chapter and the local clergy took part in the funeral procession; the sisters took turns to carry her on their shoulders, and an immense crowd of citizens surrounded her: the streets were incredibly full; even the balconies and rooftops of the houses were swarming with people, so that the procession wound slowly onwards with great difficulty. The funeral rite of the little daughter of the Divine Will was celebrated in the main church by the entire chapter. All the people of Corato followed the body to the cemetery. Everyone tried to take home a keepsake or a flower, after having touched her body with it; a few years later, her remains were translated to the parish of Santa Maria Greca.
    In 1994, on the day of the Feast of Christ the King, in the main church, Archbishop Carmelo Cassati, in the presence of a large crowd including foreign representatives, officially opened the beatification cause of the Servant of God Luisa Piccarreta.
     
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2016
    PotatoSack and Ecclesiasticus 2 like this.
  15. kathy k

    kathy k Guest

    Living in the Divine Will is not doing what Jesus would do, it is inviting Jesus to do every thought, word and deed in us. This is what is meant, I believe, by St. Paul's statement, "I no longer live; Christ lives in me."
     
  16. lynnfiat

    lynnfiat Fiat Voluntas Tua

    Jesus wants everyone to live in His Divine Will, although He says there "will be few". I feel it my responsibility to make known this Gift that our dear Lord wants to give us in our times. He calls all those who have received this knowledge to make it known. Fiat!
     
  17. We can make it known, but I think it is an actual grace from Our Lady to be able to understand and take it on in one's life. The person I study it with is a well known spiritual director with many years of experience, and they have said it is only people who are steeped in prayer for many years and have grown in stability, who will be able to be open to receive this grace.
     
    Ecclesiasticus 2, Sam and kathy k like this.
  18. lynnfiat

    lynnfiat Fiat Voluntas Tua

    Hence the reason we must ask Jesus and Our Lady who are the ones who are disposed to receive the knowledge. They will bring them to us - most especially Priests. Sometimes there are those who reject the writings of Luisa, even though it was God's Will that we bring the knowledge to them, but we must see this as God's way of teaching us humility. Remember how many rejected Luisa - and still do today. Fiat!
     
  19. Ecclesiasticus 2

    Ecclesiasticus 2 Principalities

    And as John the Baptist stated, "He must increase, I must decrease."
     
  20. kathy k

    kathy k Guest

    I can attest to this; based on my aversion to Luisa's teachings for so many years. Until you are made ready, it is incomprehensible.

    I take great delight in the statement of Jesus to Luisa that every act we do in the Divine Will brings another soul into it.
     
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Share This Page