The Divine Will

Discussion in 'Consecration to Mary' started by Border collie, Nov 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PotatoSack

    PotatoSack Powers

    I am starting by reading the introduction by Adam O'Connor, and hopefully this will get me started. I have downloaded the hours of the passion, and maybe will do this at lent? When it is posted that you read this or read that, what are you reading?

    In Daniel's intro, it mentions fasting from food is very important and it is best to not do a substitute fast. Is everyone fasting from food? Also he mentioned offering to be a victim soul is almost a requirement. In my humaness, my stomach got queasy at this. Do all the books mention this?
     
    josephite likes this.
  2. kathy k

    kathy k Guest

    From my experience, there is ONE absolute requirement: offering the Lord your will, and giving your fiat to living in His will. Do this every day, and as often as you think of it, and He will take it from there. As I've posted in the past, I spent almost 25 years struggling to acquire virtue and live a holy life; one step forward, two steps back. When I started on the path to living in the Divine Will, my struggles just fell away. My appetites and interests changed. I've developed a revulsion to sin. I'm beginning to cherish all of God's children, even the most vile. I'm constantly feeling called to pray in the Divine Will.

    RE: fasting: it is an excellent way to detach from self-indulgence. It's always been recommended by the Church and the Saints. A couple of years ago, I was whining to Jesus about how sorry I am at fasting. I heard in prayer, "Your life is a fast." I think he would say the same to many here!

    Re: offering yourself as a victim soul. In the Divine Will, you invite Jesus to do as He pleases in you and through you. That's His business. (But I'm not volunteering, either!)
     
  3. josephite

    josephite Powers

    My very Holy Parish priest once said to me.....'it seems God choses His victim souls and most are unaware that this is what they are and in fact it often takes another person to tell the soul that this is indeed what they are'.

    I took from this, that most victim souls just live their life according to Gods will and the Holy Spirit leads them.

    They seem to get many consolations which trully edifies them but of course their crosses can seem extrodinary to an outsider, but the soul herself is normally unaware that her crosses are extrodinary.

    I also believe that most Catholics that live their state in life are victim souls to some extent.
     
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2016
  4. Ecclesiasticus 2

    Ecclesiasticus 2 Principalities

    Ash Wednesday:
    Time of preparation, thinking, meditating, praying, contemplating.
    One who thinks about the Passion of Jesus, keeps Jesus company. But one who lives in the Divine Will, finds the Passion of Jesus in act, and repeats It within herself/himself.

    Luisa's writings from Jesus:

    …"My daughter, thinking about my Passion, compassionating Me in my pains, is very pleasing to Me. I feel I am not alone in my pains, but I have with Me the company of the creature, because of whom I suffer, and whom I love so much; and as I have her with Me, my suffering becomes sweeter for Me. How hard is isolation in suffering! When I see Myself alone, I have no one to whom to entrust my pains, nor anyone to whom to give the fruit which my pains contain; and so I remain as though drowned with pains and love. Therefore, as my love can endure no more, I come to You, to suffer within you, and you with Me, the pains of my Passion, in act, in order to repeat what I did and suffered in my Humanity.
    To repeat my Passion in act in the creature is different from one who only thinks about and compassionates my pains. The first is an act of my Life, which takes my place in order to repeat my pains, and I feel I am given back the effects and the value of a Divine Life. On the other hand, when one thinks about my pains and compassionates Me, it is the mere company of the creature that I feel. But do you know in whom I can repeat the pains of my Passion in act?
    In one who has my Will as center of life. My Will alone is one single act which has no succession of acts. This single act is as though fixed to one point which never moves; and this point is Eternity. And while being one single act, prime act, endless act, Its circumference is so immense that nothing can escape It; It embraces everything and everyone with one single embrace, because everything starts from that prime act, as one single act.
    So, the Creation, the Redemption and the Sanctification are one single act for the Divinity; and only because it is one single act, it has the power to make all acts its own, as if they were one alone. Now, one who lives in my Will possesses this single act, and it is no wonder that she takes part in the pains of my Passion, as though in act…."

    My thoughts and my prayer:
    I would say that actions speak louder than words when it comes to this single act given. The Fiat is but one word "yes", but it is the action of the heart that makes all the difference. Jesus says, thank you for thinking of my passion, agony, and pain and the compassion you have for me this I feel.
    Yet, great is the single act of giving one's total self one's soul to only Jesus's Will. To take part in the pains of our Lords passion and feel His pain, His suffering and His love for all souls as he continues to suffer and suffer unjustly.
    Being with those whom we love that are suffering we feel their pain and have compassion and may times have other family members and friends with us to share our sorrows , our pains, and our love for each other which brings some comfort for all. We see our loved ones and say, if only I could take their pain away I would.
    Who is there daily with Jesus?
    Jesus is saying please be my pain, feel the souls who are in need of my mercy and love. Yet, we do not know how to commit fully, to give totally, and love unconditionally.

    And so we pray,
    Lord Jesus guide me and direct me to you. May your Divine Will be mine here on earth as it is in Heaven. Let me show mercy as I suffer within you, let me feel your pain at each blow of your scourging, at each push of thorns driven through your skin, the weight of the cross upon the raw and bleeding flesh as I fall with you and rise with you again to take upon the sins of the world which I am also guilty of. Let me feel your pain as I lay upon the cross within your divinity, as the nails are driven in your hands and feet. But, most of all Lord allow me to be one in you and feel the immense love you have for all, as we take each blow, we feel each thorn, we struggle with the weight and we burst with suffering as each nail penetrates. This I ask this I plea to be with thee. Amen
     
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2016
    lynnfiat, PotatoSack and Sam like this.
  5. fallen saint

    fallen saint Baby steps :)

    Here's a easy fast... but can be very enlightening during lent. Moderate eating in the day. No eating or drinking after 5pm. After 5pm you may have water and/or fruit. But here's the kicker...if you are out with family or friends don't be afraid to eat but make it limited or something you don't like.

    The only reason I say to eat is because we don't want anyone to know our little secret.

    This is a important time for all us saints...lets poke those demons. Glory to God :)

    May Gods Will be Done
     
  6. Bartimaeus

    Bartimaeus Archangels

    Two reasons for my reply-
    first one being that i realised i this would be message 667,
    second one coz i have come to have an almost identical view of fasting. Its not a thing to take pride in or be the slave of. Sometimes accepting someone elses hospitality is the better thing to do, and this may involve 'fasting' from your intended fast.
     
    miker, Mario and kathy k like this.
  7. fallen saint

    fallen saint Baby steps :)

    Saint Bartimaes,

    On this special day your post demonstrates he is calling us together. I think we are all being called and many of us will start having many things in common. I guess its the way of life, we have chosen...through the Grace of God. Maybe in these dark times God is calling many of us with the same message.

    We live in exciting times...i wonder where this journey will take us..

    Brother al


     
  8. lynnfiat

    lynnfiat Fiat Voluntas Tua

    “Now my daughter, you should know another surprise of our speaking, suppose that I speak to you on my sanctity, this word of mine contains the gift of divine sanctity to give to the creature, always for how much it is possible to a creature. If I speak of divine goodness my word contains the gift of goodness, if I speak of the Divine Will, it contains the gift of our Will, in short what our word says, of beauty, of goodness, of greatness, of sanctity, that gift contains. Now hear a line of our loving stratagems, it is as if we are never content with forming new inventions of love as to give to the creature. Hence if our word says sanctity, it is because we want to give the gift of our divine sanctity, so that she makes herself equal with our sanctity and can be in competition with us. And oh! our contentment when we see our divine sanctity working in the creature, and if we feel that she says: ‘I feel impressed in myself the sanctity of my Creator, oh! how happy I feel, to be able to love with his same sanctity.’ Oh! then our love goes into follies, and re-pours itself over her in a way so exuberant that we arrive to excesses, and thus if our word says goodness, Divine Will, it is because we want to give the gift of our goodness and Divine Will, so that she can be equal with our goodness, and Will, and she can sustain the competition with her Supreme Being.
     
    miker and kathy k like this.
  9. lynnfiat

    lynnfiat Fiat Voluntas Tua

    Vol. 6, June 5, 1905
    "My daughter, crosses, mortifications, are as many baptismal founts, and any kind of cross which is dipped in the thought of my Passion loses half of its bitterness and its weight decreases by half."
    .
     
    miker and kathy k like this.
  10. Bartimaeus

    Bartimaeus Archangels

    Dear FS,
    Thank you sooo much for your kind reply. I'm here feeling abandoned and alone - I know I am not alone but the feeling is immense. I had the thought earlier that I really must be doing some damage to the father of lies or this mini-persecution wouldn't have come my way - if suffering is currency in the Kingdom of God, then I've won the Lotto!
    And now I am smiling - God is so good!
    I am glad none of us are alone. Today I am not excited at the prospect of the journey, just regretful for some reason. I guess I want to be part of a caravan like the Holy Family would have been in traveling to the festivals in Jerusalem... but I guess some times even Jesus traveled there alone...
    Its all a mystery to me. Blessed Virgin Mary bind me to the Will of God with the swaddling cloths of Jesus. god is soooooo good.
     
    kathy k, Jeanne and Ecclesiasticus 2 like this.
  11. lynnfiat

    lynnfiat Fiat Voluntas Tua

    “The first canticle that they (the Angels and Saints at the Assumption of our Mother into Heaven) sang to my Mama was the ‘Hail Mary’, because in the ‘Hail Mary’ there are the most beautiful praises, the greatest honors; and the joy which She felt in being made Mother of God is renewed. Therefore, let us recite it together to honor Her, and when you yourself come to Paradise, I will let you find it as if you had recited it together with the Angels for the first time in Heaven.” So, we recited the first part of the ‘Hail Mary’, Jesus and I together. Oh! how tender and touching it was to hail our Most Holy Mama together with Her beloved Son! Each word He said carried an immense light, in which one could comprehend many things about the Most Holy Virgin. But who can say them all?"
     
  12. fallen saint

    fallen saint Baby steps :)

    That is the gift of the cross...the beginning is usually lonely. Its lonely because one feels nobody else understands what one is going through. And that is true nobody does :( But that is part of the journey...to find God you must walk in the dark cave alone. People say they want to find God and they think it is easy...but to truly find God you must walk alone in the dark. But as we start walking in the midst of darkness... we see a small light. And if we work hard through the Grace of God it begins to grow. That light will get you out of the cave and onto the path. That is when the true journey begins. That path is different for every soul. So, i can't really describe all paths but from experience there are some common traits. One sees nature different...the beauty of a rose, the mountain scenery or two dogs playing... all look different with knowledge of God. But also nature begins to see you different. Good people will seem to try to come closer while those that are not with God will seem to not appreciate you. This sounds weird but light draws light. How you handle this journey is special and different to each individual soul. But as we move closer to God...on the interior we are shutting the world out but on the exterior we our welcoming the world in. That sound strange but at least for those of us that are not called to silent monastic life... that is our path.

    I wish I had more time to write but as for suffering...its part of life. Everyone goes through it...the real question is how you handle it.

    The lucky part is we handle it with GOD.

    Who said sainthood was easy. If it was easy everyone would do it :)

    May Gods Will be Done


     
  13. lynnfiat

    lynnfiat Fiat Voluntas Tua

    Your comment regarding walking in the dark cave reminded me of a vision I had a several years ago: I was in a very dark tunnel which was quite frightening, but as I continued to walk forward I began to see a light at the end of the tunnel which got brighter as I walked on. I heard in my interior, "I Am the light at the end of the tunnel. Keep your eyes focused on Me alone." As I continued towards the light, all became peace and joy. We need to keep our eyes focused on Jesus while living in the darkness of this world. Doing so will bring His Light to more souls.
    Safe in the refuge of the Immaculate Heart.
     
  14. Ecclesiasticus 2

    Ecclesiasticus 2 Principalities

    Fallen Saint said: Its lonely because one feels nobody else understands what one is going through. And that is true nobody does :( But that is part of the journey...to find God you must walk in the dark cave alone. People say they want to find God and they think it is easy...but to truly find God you must walk alone in the dark.

    Bartimaeus:
    It is true Fallen Saint that we feel in the dark even though in truth we are never in the dark and left alone, but just can't see God's grace flowing around us till we open the door for our heart to allow Him to penetrate within us. As you have found out Bartimaeus, you have stuck a thorn in the side of satan and as you said, "doing some damage to this father of lies." How much more has our our Lord Jesus lifted this loving perseverance from you and placed it in His own wounded side to feel your loving touch! Good for you! Keep at it and feel His Holy presence around you. I will be praying for you Bartimaeus.Bless you!
     
  15. Bartimaeus

    Bartimaeus Archangels

    When I'm in the wars I am usually begging and begging God to get me out, or show me the way, or give me the answer.....
    Anyway, on Thursday in Adoration this line hit me:


    3 On the day I called, you answered me,you increased my strength of soul.

    Psalm 138:3New Revised Standard Version (NRSV).

    Most days that's the answer - He just increases the strength of my soul - nothing externally discernible, no obvious consolation, but hey presto - my soul is now stronger than it was before.
    Now why can't I just be happy with that?:unsure:
    Ungrateful hound that I am...Him and His mysterious ways!
     
  16. lynnfiat

    lynnfiat Fiat Voluntas Tua

    And how quickly He answers us - as long as we are listening. That strength of soul comes with increased Love in our hearts! Thank you Jesus for always answering us.
     
    kathy k, Bartimaeus and PotatoSack like this.
  17. lynnfiat

    lynnfiat Fiat Voluntas Tua

    The Number Forty:
    “My daughter, the number forty is symbolic and significant in my life down here. When I was born, for forty days I wanted to remain in the grotto of Bethlehem - symbol of my Divine Will which, while being present in the midst of creatures, was as though hidden and outside of the city of their souls. And I, in order to repair for the forty centuries of human will, wanted to remain outside of the city for forty days, in a miserable hut, crying, moaning and praying, to call back my Divine Will into the city of souls, so as to give It Its dominion. And after forty days I went out to present Myself in the temple and reveal Myself to the old Simeon. He was the first city I was calling to the knowledge of my Kingdom; and his joy was so great that he closed his eyes to the earth to open them to eternity. Forty days I spent in the desert, and then, immediately, I did my public life, to give them the remedies and the means in order to reach the Kingdom of my Will. For forty days I wanted to remain on earth after my Resurrection, to confirm the Kingdom of the Divine Fiat and Its forty centuries of Kingdom which It was to possess. So, in everything I did down here, the first act was the restoration of the Kingdom; all other things entered into the secondary order, but the first link of connection between Me and creatures was the Kingdom of my Will. Therefore, when it is about my Will, I hold nothing back, neither light nor sacrifices, nor manifestations, nor happiness - it is seas that I release from Myself so as to make It known, to make It reign, and to make It loved.” (Book of Heaven)
     
  18. lynnfiat

    lynnfiat Fiat Voluntas Tua

    "All our hopes find their culmination in the one hope: Thy Kingdom come, Thy Will be done on earth as it is in Heaven. The earth will become Heaven. In His will is to be found ALL our hope. Learning to pray is learning to hope and thus learning to love." Pope Benedict XVI

    “The love story between God and man consists in the very act that this communion of will increases in a communion of thought and sentiment, and thus our will and Gods Will increasingly coincide: God’s Will is no longer for me an alien will, something imposed on me from without by the commandments, but it is now my own will, based on the realization that God is in fact more deeply present to me than I am to myself. Then self-abandonment to God increases and god becomes our joy.” Pope Benedict XVI, ENCYCLICAL LETTER, DEUS CARITAS EST

    “I said the “triumph” will draw closer. This is equivalent in meaning to our praying for the coming of God’s Kingdom.” Pope Benedict XVI, Light of the World, p. 166, A Conversation With Peter Seewald
     
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2016
    Ecclesiasticus 2 likes this.
  19. kathy k

    kathy k Guest

    Lately, I've been prompted to join my cross of the moment to the passion of Jesus in the Divine Will, and thanking Him for sharing that portion with me. Then it leads me to do a round in that part of the passion - crown of thorns, scourging, shoulder wound, etc. I feel immediately showered in joy, despite the suffering.
     
    Jackie likes this.
  20. You nailed it again lynnfiat!!
     
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Share This Page