Sign after sign after sign...

Discussion in 'The Signs of the Times' started by Torrentum, Jul 30, 2014.

  1. Mac

    Mac "To Jesus, through Mary"

    [quote="Jon, post: 82938, member: 1137"

    The essential idea is that this sign is a "harbinger of suffering that purifies", as opposed to a "blessing that affirms".[/quote]

    I like that Jon .
    What I wonder is if the blood half liquified for Pius IX or fully .
    Something small like this maybe the difference between harbinger that purifies or harbinger of doom.
     
  2. Infant Jesus of Prague

    Infant Jesus of Prague The More you Honor Me The More I will Bless Thee

    I like that Jon .
    What I wonder is if the blood half liquified for Pius IX or fully .
    Something small like this maybe the difference between harbinger that purifies or harbinger of doom.[/quote]
    In other reports ,its noted soon after the blood fully liquefied....either way its a sign
     
    Mac likes this.
  3. Torrentum

    Torrentum Guest

    Stories like this are getting more and more common. A similar story in Irish media this week about a refusal to make a 'wedding' cake.
     
  4. CrewDog

    CrewDog Guest

  5. Eamonn

    Eamonn Guest

  6. MMM

    MMM Guest

    This is a huge sign of the times. This is the battle I think will go worldwide and persecute Christians.

    I have been in retail for 27 years. I would never refuse product or service to a gay person or couple. I don't support the behaviour but it isn't my place to judge. Like a hospital for example, a gay person comes in with a broken leg, does the Catholic doctor refuse them care? No, they help them. These are people just like everyone else. Some sins are hidden some are exposed. From a retail point of view if we could handpick only the customers we liked we'd be out of business a long time ago. It is different when the products or service is more directly related/opposed to the core values of the person providing. There is a line though where Christian values can and should take a stand. This line is different for so many people that you can't just put this complex issue into an us vs. them simplistic view.
     
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 28, 2015
  7. Torrentum

    Torrentum Guest

  8. Infant Jesus of Prague

    Infant Jesus of Prague The More you Honor Me The More I will Bless Thee

    Im coming to picket your store!!!
    Your mixing this up a bit MMM. If someone is injured we are to give aid and comfort to whoever it is for God is Pro Life... But to say we have to provide service as a business owner to a GAY couple getting married is Blasphemy! Marriage is between one Man and One women and is a sacrament of the Church instituted by Christ himself ! We have a moral obligation to Not partake in a mockery of Holy Matrimony. You have a fuzzy wuzzy view of Jesus ...lol some said Jesus was like John the Baptist, and what was John like? Scripture says e ran around the desert in sack cloth n ashes , eating locusts and honey, crying out to repent! Sounds intence to me : ) MMM, if John the Baptist came in your store would you call the cops???
     
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2015
  9. padraig

    padraig Powers

    Matthew 10:16

    "I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be as shrewd as snakes and as innocent as doves.


    These are things I have been praying about and having a lot of thought over.

    On the one hand people, (especially people with the responsibility of taking care of families) need to be prudent and thoughtful and not going out picking fights we cannot win and might get us in trouble or in prison for no good gain.

    On the other hand we do not want to be doormats, especially to the degree were we actually cooperate with evil to such an extent we become cowards and wind up in hell ourselves.

    Matthew 10:33
    But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.


    So this is a path between these two extremes, of being a ranting trouble maker or of being an apostate coward we have to follow our conscience and walk.

    But you know I have to say the great danger currently in our society is that we might be some kind of ranting bigoted religious fanatics , seeing trouble were there is none.

    The real danger to me lies in the other direction , that we like the three little monkeys hear nothing that is evil

    I think a good example to us might be the early American George Washington. He came form a very comfortable financial/social situation and yet was willing to risk everything, life included over a very extended period for what were at the end of the day simply political beliefs.

    If people like Washington can inspire us through worldly political ideals how much more should we be prepared to risk and fight for our religious beliefs?
    Washington looked around him and decided to wade in with both feet. I have to say I think the times are upon us when we too must give the war cry, raise the flag cross the Potomac.

    That there is indeed a time for remaining silent but that the time has come for no longer remaining silent but rather gathering ourselves up on our hind legs and speaking out.:)


    View attachment 2774

     
    Heidi, MMM and Infant Jesus of Prague like this.
  10. MMM

    MMM Guest

    I think my comment backs this up 100%. If a gay couple needs a new TV, at fridge or sofa should we tell them no? We don't serve you people here? I am not mixed up in the least. (you may want me to be, lol) I was relating the broken leg to providing goods to people that need/want them regardless of race or religion. You are talking about specific businesses that cater to gay couples getting married, quite a small group of businesses in the big picture. And even with this, a Catholic florist that sells flowers to a gay couple is ok with me. That same florist choosing not to is also ok with me. Some see selling the flowers as supporting gay marriage, others as just a business transaction. The Catholic florist selling flowers to a gay couple is not sinning nor is she/he necessarily supporting gay marriage. But we as Catholics have the right to stand up for our beliefs and I agree 100% with this.
     
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 28, 2015
  11. padraig

    padraig Powers

    You know I often think that the hardest thing, at many times is not to do the right thing , but to clearly perceive what is the right thing to do.

    But honestly my perception of this present time is a time when Christians are called to stand up and just say, 'No'.

    Whatever the risks and whatever the opposition. With prudence of course and with forethought. But still that to me is the way the winds of this war..and it is a war ......are heading.
     
  12. Infant Jesus of Prague

    Infant Jesus of Prague The More you Honor Me The More I will Bless Thee

    MMM....the lady I posted about told the long time customer who was Gay she could not do the flower arrangements for his wedding and he understood.It wasn't until political hacks got word of her refusal that condone the wedding that they tarr'd and featherd the poor woman.I watched her interview on FOX. How you equate selling a couch or a flower with someone you dont know or even if you do with takeing part in gay marriage is beyong me...Our Lord said you cannot serve God and mammon=money
     
  13. MMM

    MMM Guest

    "But to say we have to provide service as a business owner to a GAY couple getting married is Blasphemy!" I totally agree and didn't say this or imply it. I am just relating the difference between most businesses and those that directly do and can take a stand for moral reasons. They are coming after all business as if religous freedom means most business won't serve gay partrons which is clearly not true. I support our religious right to stand angainst anything that crosses over our moral beliefs in business or personal situations. I operate 100% based on my Catholic moral compass and won't waver. 99.99% of situations in my business are not related to this issue but for those that are I support their religious freedom to choose who they do business with. As for the lady she was 100% within her rights. No one is serving God and mammon here....wow dude. I do remind myself my comments are for the numerous that doesn't respond too, lol.
     
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 28, 2015
  14. Heidi

    Heidi Powers

    I know what you mean.....I have gotten myself into trouble many times for speaking out.
     
  15. Infant Jesus of Prague

    Infant Jesus of Prague The More you Honor Me The More I will Bless Thee

    Im still gonna picket your store! for wearing a beagle costume...wait till PETA finds out...ha
     
  16. Infant Jesus of Prague

    Infant Jesus of Prague The More you Honor Me The More I will Bless Thee

    23 'beheaded' in NE Nigeria on eve of election: lawmaker, nurse

    Suspected Boko Haram gunmen beheaded 23 people and set fire to homes in Buratai, northeast Nigeria, on the eve of Saturday's general elections, a federal lawmaker representing the area told AFP
    "There was an attack on Buratai late Friday by gunmen suspected to be insurgents....They beheaded 23 people and set homes on fire," said Mohammed Adamu, who represents the town some 200 kilometres (125 miles) from Borno's capital Maiduguri.

    "At least half the village has been burnt," he added.

    Elsewhere in Nigeria's restive northeast, suspected Islamist militants killed at least seven people in separate attacks in the Gombe state.

    Witnesses reported that the assailants in Gombe made clear their intention was to disrupt the polls.
     
  17. CrewDog

    CrewDog Guest

  18. Infant Jesus of Prague

    Infant Jesus of Prague The More you Honor Me The More I will Bless Thee

    Pope's delegation offers comfort, communion to Iraqi refugees
    Erbil, Iraq, Mar 28, 2015 / 07:00 pm (EWTN News/CNA).- Hoping to awaken the world conscience on Iraq, a Pontifical delegation traveled to Erbil and Dohuk to foster local communion and shed light on the dramatic plight of Christians in the country.

    Anyone listen to papa Francis Homily today, Palm Sunday ? The way of Our Lords cross and the plight of Christian persecution in the World today and closeing remarks on World Youth day in Krakow entrusting the year of Mercy to our Lady.Francis is shouting from the roof tops !!! I found this tid bit last nite, Divine Mercy Sunday in the Tridintine calendar (Traditional Latin Mass) is a low Mass in the Easter Octave in honor of St Thomas the Apostle.It is on this day that Jesus tells Thomas to place his fingers in His wounds (JN 20 v27) same day

    Jesus Appears to the Disciples (JN 20v19-22) RSV
    19 On the evening of that day, the first day of the week, the doors being shut where the disciples were, for fear of the Jews, Jesus came and stood among them and said to them, “Peace be with you.” 20 When he had said this, he showed them his hands and his side. Then the disciples were glad when they saw the Lord. 21 Jesus said to them again, “Peace be with you. As the Father has sent me, even so I send you.” 22 And when he had said this, He breathed on them, and said to them, “Receive the Holy Spirit.
     
  19. Infant Jesus of Prague

    Infant Jesus of Prague The More you Honor Me The More I will Bless Thee

    Anyone listen to papa Francis Homily today, Palm Sunday ? The way of Our Lords cross and the plight of Christian persecution in the World today and closeing remarks on World Youth day in Krakow entrusting the year of Mercy to our Lady.Francis is shouting from the roof tops !!! I found this tid bit last nite, Divine Mercy Sunday in the Tridintine calendar (Traditional Latin Mass) is a low Mass in the Easter Octave in honor of St Thomas the Apostle.It is on this day that Jesus tells Thomas to place his fingers in His wounds (JN 20 v27) same day

    Jesus Appears to the Disciples (JN 20v19-22) RSV
    19 On the evening of that day, the first day of the week, the doors being shut where the disciples were, for fear of the Jews, Jesus came and stood among them and said to them, “Peace be with you.” 20 When he had said this, he showed them his hands and his side. Then the disciples were glad when they saw the Lord. 21 Jesus said to them again, “Peace be with you. As the Father has sent me, even so I send you.” 22 And when he had said this, He breathed on them, and said to them, “Receive the Holy Spirit.[/quote]

    I forgot to give credit to this site...MUST READ..links Past Jubilee years with St Faustina/Divine Mercy and JP2 Jubilee in 2000 Incarnation
    http://teaattrianon.forumotion.com/t558-st-faustina-and-pope-st-john-paul-ii
     
  20. Daniel O'Connor

    Daniel O'Connor Principalities

Share This Page