Rosary reflections

Discussion in 'Mother of God' started by MMarie, Feb 9, 2016.

  1. PotatoSack

    PotatoSack Powers

    Praise God!
     
    josephite likes this.
  2. josephite

    josephite Powers

    The Rosary is a simple prayer offered by heaven to all!
    All can partake.

    The rosary holds many treasures but is a dimmly lit beacon in the world of today.

    Pray my children and hold your rosarys;
    as I give abundantly to those that keep my words and this is obtained through my rosary.
     
  3. Sanctus

    Sanctus "Jesus I trust in you!"

    When people say that the Holy Rosary has been granted special efficacy in these times what do people mean exactly? I'm just interested as I try to say the rosary as often as possible and would like to know what power it has for our times. I think St Louis De Montefort spoke about it.
     
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2017
  4. Sanctus

    Sanctus "Jesus I trust in you!"

    Sorry if my question came across wrong. I just heard there were special graces attached to saying the Holy Rosary for souls in the times that St. Louis De Montfort prophesied and I was interested to know what they were.
     
  5. garabandal

    garabandal Powers

    A few hours before Padre Pio died, as those around him urged him to speak a few more words, all he could say was: "Love the Blessed Virgin and make her loved. Always say the rosary!"
     
    Sanctus likes this.
  6. Ecclesiasticus 2

    Ecclesiasticus 2 Principalities

    21 Things St. Louis de Montfort Said About the Rosary and Marian Devotion
    Thursday April 28th marks the 301st Anniversary of the Death of the Great St. Louis de Montfort

    National Catholic Register APR. 27, 2016

    “In these latter times Mary must shine forth more than ever in mercy, power and grace; in mercy, to bring back and welcome lovingly the poor sinners and wanderers who are to be converted and return to the Catholic Church; in power, to combat the enemies of God who will rise up menacingly to seduce and crush by promises and threats all those who oppose them; finally, she must shine forth in grace to inspire and support the valiant soldiers and loyal servants of Jesus Christ who are fighting for his cause.”

    (12) “Mary must become as terrible as an army in battle array to the devil and his followers, especially in these latter times. For Satan, knowing that he has little time—even less now than ever—to destroy souls, intensifies his efforts and his onslaughts every day. He will not hesitate to stir up savage persecutions and set treacherous snares for Mary's faithful servants and children whom he finds more difficult to overcome than others.”

    (13) “Never will anyone who says his Rosary every day become a formal heretic or be led astray by the devil.”

    (14) “Never will anyone who says his Rosary every day be led astray. This is a statement that I would gladly sign with my blood.”
     
  7. Ecclesiasticus 2

    Ecclesiasticus 2 Principalities

    The Rosary is the Weapon.~St. Pio

    The Rosary is my favorite prayer.~St. Pope John Paul II

    The greatest method of praying is to pray the Rosary.~Saint Francis de Sales

    When the Holy Rosary is said well, it gives Jesus and Mary more glory and is more meritorious than any other prayer.~Saint Louis de Montfort

    The Holy Rosary is the storehouse of countless blessing.~Blessed Alan de la Roche

    One day, through the Rosary and the Scapular, Our Lady will save the world.~Saint Dominic

    Never will anyone who says his Rosary every day be led astray. This is a statement that I would gladly sign with my blood.~Saint Louis de Montfort

    The Rosary is the most beautiful and the most rich in graces of all prayers; it is the prayer that touches most the Heart of the Mother of God…and if you wish peace to reign in your homes, recite the family Rosary.~Pope Saint Pius X

    When you say your Rosary, the angels rejoice, the Blessed Trinity delights in it, my Son finds joy in it too, and I myself am happier than you can possibly guess. After the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass, there is nothing in the Church that I love as much as the Rosary.~Our Lady to Blessed Alan de la Roche

    Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee!’ No creature has ever said anything that was more pleasing to me, nor will anyone ever be able to find or say to me anything that pleases me more.~Our Lady to Saint Mechtilde

    One day, St. Dominic prayed to Our Lady that she would force the devils who possessed a man to reveal the truth about devotion to her. The devils were forced by Our Lady to reveal: Listen to what the devils said, "Now that we are forced to speak we must also tell you this: Nobody who perseveres in saying the Rosary will be damned, because she obtains for her servants the grace of true contrition for their sins and by means of this they obtain God's forgiveness and mercy."

    Making the rosary a family prayer is very pleasing to me. I ask that all families strive to do so. But be careful to say the Rosary with great devotion, meditating on each mystery and striving to imitate in your daily lives the virtues depicted. Live the mysteries of the rosary as I lived them, and it will become a chain binding you to me forever. They who are found in the circle of my rosary will never be lost. I myself will lead them at death to the throne of my Son, to be eternally united to Him. ~Our Lady of America

    Pray very much the prayers of the rosary. I alone am able to save you from the calamities.~Mary in Akita, Japan

    If you want to reach these hardened souls and win them over to God, preach my Rosary~Our Lady to St. Dominic

    When you give a sermon, urge people to say my Rosary, and in this way your words will bear much fruit for souls.~Our Lady to St. Dominic
     
  8. Praetorian

    Praetorian Powers

    Thank you Ecclesiasticus!
    We can never be reminded too much that the Rosary is THE WEAPON for our times.
    Sister Lucy said ion these times it is given additional efficacy and is stronger to help us through.

    I do not know if others feel this, but when I stop saying my Rosary even for a period of a few days I feel my faith drifting. Perhaps I am just weaker in my faith than most others, but it is definitely a real feeling. For me it is necessary, not just an option. Even if you have a strong faith please say the Rosary. Your faith will grow stronger still. It is difficult at first, but eventually you will come to love it. Plus Our Mother wants us to, that should be reason enough :)
     

Share This Page