I try to do this is my own way. Very similar to yours. It helps , even if it just postpones our having the treat at a later time. Good post. Fasting from radio, tv, and listening to music is another way.
Yes. If it were only in the one place it might not be enough. Garabandal is a good example, it is clear what is to happen in Medugorje will happen there in Spain. Our Lady has said so.
I am sitting here trying to recall the last time I heard a Preacher speaking on Fasting and Penance. I just can't recall. No matter how far back I go, I just can't recall it. Such a pity, it is a huge source of joy, especially in difficult times as at present. These things are put a spring in our step. St Peter of Alcantara was a good model. A man of deepest joy.
If you want to give it a shot, I'd recommend starting with intermittent fasting. It's not only good for your soul, but very healthy. I don't eat or drink anything other than water when I awake until a light no carb lunch at 1-2pm time frame, then have whatever I want to eat at dinner around 7pm. Then it's 18 hours of fasting till the next meal the following day at 1-2pm, rinse and repeat daily. It kicks your body into a mode where you don't store as fat the food you ate the day before, your body holds it in the liver and burns it as energy the next morning when it sees you didn't feed it again. There's something in your cells that happen as well (they kind of rebuild or something after you don't eat for 14 hours or so...I'm not a doctor but I did sleep at a Holiday Inn Express last night). But most importantly it's very good spiritually and teaches you to go without for periods of time, which also may be temporally useful in the days ahead. Unlike water, we can go for days without food.
That is a wonderful story. Thank you. Up to my early thirties I had experienced nothing that I could claim to be a supernatural experience but one day, alone in the house, I suddenly found myself for no reason I could think of, on my knees tearfully begging the Father to forgive me for my sins and my selfishness. The contrition was genuine enough but I got up wondering why on earth out of the blue and for no apparent reason, this had happened when an overpowering smell of roses hit me. Fast forward to my mid-thirties. The night before my second pilgrimage to Medjugorje. I am sitting with my wife in our lounge (she is not a Catholic and was not joining me on my trip) she was watching television and I had found a notebook and was preparing to list, in order, the activities that I wanted to undertake in Medj. I had got as far as the first activity on arrival 1. Confession, when my wife looked at me with her mouth open and said 'Do you smell the flowers?' I certainly did, it was as though the room was full of roses and violets. Linking this to the first experience, I recognise, if I ever doubted it, the importance of repentance and confession. It was a wonderful thing to experience Her approval before I had even set off.
I have found, when Satan tempts me to despair over my sins praying the Jesus prayer the greatest possible help. I amy be a Great sinner, but I have a Great Saviour. Also the thought from the devil that I am totally decieved in my Spiritual path and have gone backwards rather than forwards...the thought, 'Well then if I am lost in sin, Jesus give me the Grace to convert and start right now!' The prayer of St Francis to the brothers is wonderful, 'Little brothers let us begin today!'
With great respect to you, Fatima and Akita, Our Lady of Good Success should be considered as messages and The Warning. Not keep waiting and waiting for future events and 'secrets'. The war/Chastisement is already on. I have read some of the postings on Medjugorje here and some of the personal stories really move me. When I went on pilgrimage there in 2014, our little group of six included two holy priests, one a believer in Medjugorje and one a doubter. This was quite interesting. I continue to respect all views, although I find Medjugorje doubtful now. But I particularly like stories of conversion so I really enjoy this thread and things I hear from my parish friends. GOD BLESS!
Wow, beautiful! I will try your way, thank you kindly! Many blessings to you and all members of the forum.
When I went to Medugorje I never went looking for Signs. In the first place because I believe anyway. In the second place because down the years I have found myself buried in Signs, so I understand I have been spoilt and anyway I am not sure that looking for Signs anyway. But just two things among many I found in Medugorje. I prefer to be alone in prayer and pilgrimage, rather than in groups. But I found over there everyone I seemed to talk to had quite story to tell. They kept opening up their hearts to me and telling their deepest personal stories. It was as though all the normal barriers were removed. It was very, very touching. It's true everyone has a story. The second was upon returning from Medugorje on the way back from the airport upon looking at my city how sad and downcast I felt. It was then I realised what a super spiritual high I had been out there. Now it was back to the same old, same old. But I prayed to Our Lady about this and I heard her distinctly say to me, 'Now make A Medugorje of your heart, make a Medugorje for all who meet you!' Lovely thought that cheered me up.
Message given to Ivan on 19th June …………. “Dear children you are all important to me. Pray and rejoice with me, rejoice in every heart which has been transported and preserved to this day. Pray especially today for all prayer groups who are preparing for my coming. The Mother is praying for each of you and she intercedes for each of you in front of her son. Thank you dear children because even today you have answered my call.”
Be Ready for What is Coming – The Biblical Significance of the 40th Anniversary “We are approaching the time of the triumph of the heart of our Mother.” June 22, 2021 stephen ryan 11 Views 0 Comments Will the 40th anniversary on June 25, 2021 be the date when all that has been said about the Medjugorje secrets and the coming “Tribulation” be the time when events begin to unfold? Fr. Livio, who follows Medjugorje closely, turned to the Bible recently and said this: “Given that we are now in the 40th year of the apparitions, I really believe that the number 40 is crucial and symbolizes biblical times because it recalls the years in the desert of the people of Israel. And the most recent Messages of Mary have reinforced my conviction. I quote only one sentence from the July 25 message: “The tests will come and you will not be strong and sin will reign.” Fr Livio also made the powerful point that Luisa Piccarreta wrote prophecy about what Jesus told her about the importance of the number 40. Jesus: “My daughter, the number of forty days in my life down here on earth is symbolic and significant. Forty days, in being born, I wanted to stay in the grotto of Bethlehem, a symbol of my Divine Will that while it was in the midst of creatures, it was like their souls hidden and outside the city; and I, to repair the forty centuries of human will, wanted to stay forty days outside the city in a vile hut to weep, to moan and to pray, to recall my Divine Will in the city of souls and to give it its dominion. After forty days I left to introduce myself to the temple and reveal myself to the holy old Simeon. It was the first city I called to the knowledge of my Kingdom and it was so much his joy that he closed his eyes to the earth to open them to eternity. Forty days I stayed in the desert and then immediately went out into my public life to give the creatures the remedies and the means to reach the Kingdom of my Will. Forty days I wanted to stay on earth after my Resurrection, to confirm the Kingdom of the Divine Fiat and its forty centuries of Kingdom that it was to possess.” In a recent testimony the visionary Mirjana Soldo declares: ‘We are approaching the time of the triumph of the heart of our Mother!’ The triumph of his heart will come through the priests, who are fundamental to this, it is important to pray for all of them! The hour has come when the demon is authorized to act with all his force and power The present hour, is the hour of Satan.” I can’t tell you more now! Father Livio Fanzaga researched Our Lady’s messages and he was concerned by Our Lady’s frequent expression that translated as “No time” or “There is no time to lose”, “There is no more time”, “Time is running out”. “Be converted! It will be too late when the sign comes. Beforehand, several warnings will be given to the world. Have people hurry to be converted. I need your prayers and your penance. My heart is burning with love for you. It suffices for you to be converted. Why is Medjugorje so important? Why not just believe in approved apparitions such as Fatima and Lourdes? Every time Our Lady has appeared throughout history, it has been to help guide man back to God from the errors of that particular period in history. It is thus, that Medjugorje is more relevant to us today than any other private revelation in the history of Christianity. Medjugorje is THE message of our time. And so, we would do well to listen to what Our Mother has to say to us who are living today. “A great battle is about to take place. A battle between my Son and Satan. Human souls are at stake. ” “There is no time to hesitate to kneel before my Son, to recognize him as God “. https://mysticpost.com/2021/06/be-r...me-of-the-triumph-of-the-heart-of-our-mother/
Thank you for the link, Blizzard. Not a regular visitor to Mystic Post, but when I have gone there in the past, I’ve always been impressed with the treatment of the topic at hand. ~AN