Medjugorje secrets to come soon?

Discussion in 'Marian Apparitions' started by Amazing Grace, Feb 22, 2017.

  1. PurpleFlower

    PurpleFlower Powers

    Yes, Mirjana will tell the priest 7 days before the secret, and he will pray and fast then reveal it to the world 3 days before, I believe.
     
  2. padraig

    padraig Powers

    So maybe next Monday?

    I wonder if this a particular Feast Day..must check. Monday 21st June.
     
  3. Malachi

    Malachi Powers

    If there ever was a year this would be it. But alas even if it were to be hogwash what would it do to your faith in Christ? I expect many would be crushed. And that is an issue in itself
     
  4. PurpleFlower

    PurpleFlower Powers

    I didn't experience sun miracles there but I did smell roses, was physically gently pulled to my knees at the moment of apparitions I didn't know initially were taking place, experienced the miraculous liquid oozing from the Risen Christ statue, and more importantly, experienced deep growth in prayer and a profound infusion of the Holy Spirit in the confessional.
     
    Blizzard and Sam like this.
  5. PurpleFlower

    PurpleFlower Powers

    Mine would not be crushed in the slightest. Jesus and His Church are my greatest and dearest Love.
     
    Blizzard and Sam like this.
  6. PurpleFlower

    PurpleFlower Powers

    I'll share a neat little story. Background: on my 2nd trip to Medjugorje in 2017, my husband and I took our 4-year-old son Will. He had a wonderful time, though he was his usual rambunctious little self and kept us on our toes, haha. Mirjana even took his face in her hands with great love and thanked us for bringing him. We were there for her Oct 2 apparition at the blue cross, and though I had smelled roses during my first trip to Medjugorje before Will was even born, I didn't smell roses during this trip and had never mentioned my prior experience to him.

    Fast forward to last year, in the fall, due to all the unrest in the country, my family decided to walk past every house in our neighborhood, praying a Hail Mary for each family and sprinkling holy water on their yard. I asked Mary to walk along with us. When we were near the end, I suddenly smelled that familiar scent of roses and thought quietly to myself, "Could it be Mary giving me a sign she is with us and pleased?" Right when I'd finished my thought, 7-year-old Will burst out, "Why does it smell like Medjugorje?!"

    Apparently he had smelled roses in Medjugorje and had never mentioned it to me. It was such a lovely little gift from Our Lady.
     
    Adoremus, SteveD, Malachi and 2 others like this.
  7. Heartbeat

    Heartbeat Guest

    A ‘profound infusion of the Holy Spirit’ sums up the special grace freely given at Medjugorje. :)

    The liquid seeping from the Risen Christ bronze is water drawn from the ground through the concrete stabilizer in the statue’s legs, and the rain that penetrates through some of the seals.

    But faith can move mountains, and I consider this, coupled with prayer and the ‘profound infusion of the Holy Spirit’, as the prime mover for the healings associated with the statue.

    Sun phenomena: a common occurrence at Medjugorje, but I’ve witnessed similar phenomena in other places, in the UK and Ireland. In Medjugorje, the phenomenon is an aspect of God’s creation most pilgrims have never encountered before, and it can have a dramatic effect. But also observe that none of the locals ever seem to bother standing around looking at the sun. Just the pilgrims. I wonder why?
     
  8. Donna259

    Donna259 Powers

    St Aloysious patron of youth
     
    padraig likes this.
  9. padraig

    padraig Powers

    Oh I hope so, I really, really do...
     
  10. Michael Pio

    Michael Pio Archangels

    Dear Purple Flower,
    I appreciate your spirituality and your postings.
    The wealth in Medjugorje makes me skeptical about whether the apparitions are from God.
    That said, I also spoke to one of the visionaries and had the same impression as you had. Her eyes were shining!
    In terms of the Vatican's stance, I would be skeptical of what comes from the current hierarchy, after Pope Benedict stepped down.
     
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2021
    JerometheShort.2 likes this.
  11. SteveD

    SteveD Powers

    Well, the anniversary is on the 24th June and the priest appointed to announce the secret is to be informed seven days prior (17 June) and to publicly announce it 3 days before it occurs (21 June). We will have much work to do if it IS announced and I really hope that a sceptical and cynical press runs the story of the prediction (even though it will treat is as a page 6 story about 'religious fanatics' and their silly prophecies) because it will help to prepare those with an open heart or the lapsed who happen upon the story (however cynically told).
     
    JerometheShort.2 likes this.
  12. sterph

    sterph Archangels

    June 24 is the feast of John the Baptist.
     
    Catherine L, Michael Pio and Sam like this.
  13. padraig

    padraig Powers

    Well , for what it's worth I always thought if we had a huge phenomena at a site like Medugorje it would also occur at Marian sites thorughout the world at the same time, such as Fatima, Knock, Lourdes , Loreto and so on... through out the world....
     
  14. PurpleFlower

    PurpleFlower Powers

    Interestingly, Pope Francis doesn't seem to be a fan of Medjugorje himself and has made snide remarks about Mary not being a mail carrier delivering daily mail or something to that effect... So I was surprised that he sent the envoy and approved pilgrimages there. I saw it as further proof that it's from God and nothing will stand in its way.
     
    Blizzard likes this.
  15. Michael Pio

    Michael Pio Archangels

    I see it as further proof that Pope Francis likes mixed messages, catering to all sides. :)
    I always enjoy your input, I like a good discussion to distill the truth. I never want to offend, it is hard to convey a friendly atmosphere in writing.
     
  16. PurpleFlower

    PurpleFlower Powers

    :) No offense at all! My FSSP parish priest recently said we shouldn't "try too hard to pry into the mysteries of Divine Providence..." We truly do see as through a glass, darkly. It is good to let God surprise us sometimes, while we're focused on the daily offering of our lives lived in love and service. Time will tell with Medjugorje, Garabandal, etc.
     
  17. padraig

    padraig Powers

     
    PurpleFlower and TinNM like this.
  18. Michael Pio

    Michael Pio Archangels

    Speaking of an FSSP parish priest, I am glad you mention it. Before we moved towns, we attended the FSSP (now we attend the SSPX). As I understand it, our FSSP parish priest had a deep and profound conversion experience in Medjugorje that ultimately put him on a path to priesthood, now he is sceptical of Medjugorje. Just saying, the truth will come out one day :)
    I enjoy this forum and discussion here very much, very much indeed. My holding-on point in times of deep insecurity and where the world has gone bonkers, to quote Fr. Mark Goring.
    I am big on trying to warn people of focussing on future days (which is a recurring theme in relation to Medjugorje and Garabandal). This can lead to disappointment and perhaps loss of faith.
    Then again, I don't know much, I am just a laymen trying to discern, much like everyone here on this wonderful forum
    Will keep offering Rosaries for the members of this forum! My family is converting, the marriage healing. It is through family Rosary.
    GOD BLESS!
     
    HeavenlyHosts, Sam, Beth B and 2 others like this.
  19. PurpleFlower

    PurpleFlower Powers

    It is true, many get hung up on secrets and the future, which is actually not at all the message of Medjugorje. The secrets are secret for a reason, and I think people forget that. It's not so people can sit around speculating. It's so we can NOT focus on what's to come but instead focus on living out the messages which are to pray, fast, be Christ to others, and save as many souls as we can. The plans God has for the world will be revealed precisely when we need to know them.
     
    HeavenlyHosts, Sam, Beth B and 2 others like this.
  20. No offense to anyone but I occasionally feel compelled to express my opinion about Medjugorje: I think that it is fake.
     
    FatimaPilgrim and Michael Pio like this.

Share This Page