Johnny Cash

Discussion in 'Music' started by Spirit of Truth, Jun 6, 2015.

  1. Spirit of Truth

    Spirit of Truth Archangels

    Just reminiscing.

    I remember growing up here in little old Ireland listening to Johnny Cash from an early age at one point. He had a troubled life.. who hasn't to some degree.. some more then others.. Is it not true that God loves all His children. I remember the way he would sing a song; like a great storyteller. Here are just two of his many religious songs, that you may enjoy. God bless!



     
    Miriam likes this.
  2. Spirit of Truth

    Spirit of Truth Archangels

  3. maryrose

    maryrose Powers

    Hard not to love Johnny. He had a vulnerability and a gentleness. There was sincerity in his songs. He had lived them in some way.
     
  4. Mac

    Mac "To Jesus, through Mary"

    Surprisingly enough my kids actually know him . He appeared in one of their favorite programs ...
     
  5. Mac

    Mac "To Jesus, through Mary"

  6. garabandal

    garabandal Powers

    One of my favourite artists.

    WHEN THE MAN COMES AROUND:

    When I first heard this song I immediately loved the lyrics and the hairs stood on end. I was amazed at its prophetic quality full of references from the Book of Revelation. Add to this Cash's incredible delivery, rasping vocals and the driving rhythm of his guitar and one has musical perfection! One of my top ten songs of all time:


     
    Spirit of Truth, miker and Miriam like this.
  7. Eamonn

    Eamonn Guest

    I remember reading as Johnny Cash flew into Ireland he was looking out the window of the Aeroplane and he was amazed at the many different colours of the landscape and he wrote the song Forty Shades of Green.

     
  8. miker

    miker Powers

    He was amazing performer, but his life and Redemtion is even more of a Testament. A Christian in every sense of the word...

     
  9. Spirit of Truth

    Spirit of Truth Archangels

    Here is one of my favourite pieces from him:

     

Share This Page