I fear that Cardinal Walter Kasper is in grave error

Discussion in 'The Signs of the Times' started by Richard67, Jul 3, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BrianK

    BrianK Guest

    Ok, enjoy whatever universe it is you inhabit then. In my universe, facts is facts, unless you can prove to me that 1) Kasper was not silenced by JPII andCardinal Ratzinger for his current agenda and 2) Pope Francis did not praise him during his very first angelus address as Pope and subsequently appoint him to the consistory of cardinals to give the primary address, in which he again advanced his agenda for which he was previously silenced and then was praised by the current pope for his agenda.
     
  2. Joe Crozier

    Joe Crozier Guest

    A
    A lot of proof texts get discounted on any given day depending on whose ox is being gored.
     
  3. BrianK

    BrianK Guest

    Fair enough.

    Welcome back.
     
  4. Joe Crozier

    Joe Crozier Guest

    OK I've changed my mind. I agree facts are facts but they are not worthy of truth when they are generated by ulterior motives to cause harm.
     
  5. BrianK

    BrianK Guest

    Oh brother.

    No, facts are facts.
     
  6. Joe Crozier

    Joe Crozier Guest

    Well, if you want to deal in that currency it's your funeral. You are dealing on the forecourt of the temple. I wonder if your fate will be the same as the money lenders of old. May God protect our Holy Father from his enemies and strengthen him in his battles. May God protect our Church from subversives. May God preserve and grow the Truth of The Faith. Over and out.
     
  7. Eamonn

    Eamonn Guest

    It really is funny to see people on one thread (Medjugorje) tell you that we must do as the Bishops say and be obedient to their decisions. On the next thread (Pope Francis) they say i don't agree with him so i am going to do my own thing and say what i want because he is wrong. On the next thread they have a noose already made for lynching a Prince of the Church and have no problem bombing someone's reputation wither it be a Pope or a Cardinal who they strongly disagree with.

    Pope launches alarm, tells Vatican security force to be 'gossip police'

    http://vatican.com/news/frame.aspx?url=http://www.catholicnews.com/data/stories/cns/1404025.htm

    But, "I want to tell you something a bit sad; there are bombs in here" and it doesn't matter if it's "a homemade bomb or an atomic bomb," every single one is "dangerous" and "there are many."

    "The worst bomb inside the Vatican is gossip," which "threatens the life of the church and the life of (the Vatican) every day," he said, because it "sows destruction" and "destroys the lives of others."

    While there are many religious and laypeople in the Vatican who are "sowing good seed," the devil is still getting his way by using others "to sow weeds."
     
  8. Richard67

    Richard67 Powers

    Friend, Cardinal Kasper's words speak for themselves.

    As for Pope Francis, I give him the benefit of the doubt. I certainly reject the notion peddled by some Catholics that he is the False Prophet or an antipope. That would mean God is a liar, for God clearly promised that the Gates of Hell would not prevail against His Church. Now, some Catholics would say "but there have been anitpopes in Church history, why not Francis?" To this I would say that every time that there has been a genuine antipope in Church history, the true pope has always existed and has countered the false claims of the antipope. This is not the case with Pope Francis. If Pope Francis was an antipope, God would make sure that the real pope was heard. To say otherwise is to call God a liar. I think that the Holy Spirit will surprise us all at the Synod in October. And although I believe Cardinal Kasper is in need of fraternal correction, I certainly hope this thread does not end up demonizing him. No one, even our worst enemy, should be demonized.
     
  9. Joe Crozier

    Joe Crozier Guest

    This sounds like a fairer trade. At least we agree on these two things for the edification of The Faith
    1. that The Holy Spirit will surprise us in October. I have always believed that and of course Pope Francis also believes in the 'God of Surprises'. This is the title of a book written by a Scottish Jesuit, Gerard Hughes, that he has quoted.
    2. that Cardinal Kasper should not be demonised. He is an old man. Probably a man of prayer. He is a priest forever, after the order of Melchizedek. He forgives sins and brings God into our world. In my experience, however, sometimes it does not seem to matter how hard you pray, how good you try to be, things still go horribly wrong. At least that's how it can feel. I treat many old people and my heart goes out to them. They have struggled all their life and they put on such a brave face. When you approach the top of the hill, that part is steepest and hardest. He is trying to complete the course of his life as best as he can. We should help him by our prayers as as already been suggested.
     
    Jeanne and Eamonn like this.
  10. padraig

    padraig Powers

    I noticed earlier on the video that the holy Father appeared to distance himself from Cardinal Kasper.

    I notice also Cardinal Kasper had been making a lot of assumptions about the Pope's , 'Support' for his stance that did not pan out in practice.

    I get the impression the Cardianl has been doing a lot of wishful thinking as far as the Pope is concerned.
    Strange for a man clearly so highly intelligent to get it so far wrong.

    I would love to read what historians make of all this in years to come.
     
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2015
  11. Fatima

    Fatima Powers

    Modern Catholic Dictionaryby Fr. John A. Hardon, S.J.
    ANTIPOPE.
    A false claimant to the Holy See in opposition to the Pope canonically elected. There have been more than thirty in the Catholic Church’s history. (Etym. Latin antipapa; Greek anti, against + papas, father.)
     
  12. Joe Crozier

    Joe Crozier Guest

    Yes, that distance must be hard for Cardinal Kasper to bear. Harder to walk without support. So he may have to sit down now for a while. Poor old chap. I always find it sad to see older people learning the harder lessons in life. But like most old folk he may have hidden reserves that will spring to life in October. He may surprise us too. It's amazing what can be done from a chair. Just ask FDR, 32 President of the USA.
     
  13. Joe Crozier

    Joe Crozier Guest

    One anti pope was even canonised, St Hipollytus I think his name was.
     
  14. Richard67

    Richard67 Powers

    Great observation.

    When I think of poor Cardinal Kasper, I think of Saint Hippolytus (whose intercession I have implored for Cardinal Kasper.) As you may or may not know, Saint Hippolytus was actually an antipope before he became a Saint. True story.
     
    Joe Crozier likes this.
  15. Richard67

    Richard67 Powers

    You read my mind. LOL!
     
    Joe Crozier likes this.
  16. padraig

    padraig Powers

    :DI wish I could have seen Mother Angelica interview him, she would have went at him like a Rottweiler.
     
  17. Joe Crozier

    Joe Crozier Guest

    She's have gummed him to pieces - poor old Cardinal Kasper. You're a hard man Padraig! There again he may have bitten back but probably too much of a gentleman, too much of a Christian. Be clear I am not taking his side. But I won't stand by and let a man be kicked when he is down. I may not stand by him but I will stand over him. Back off the Cardinal grrrr. grrrr.
    Just watched that lovely video on Kathleen Kilbane by Dominic and Victor Kennedy. All the above brought me back to grim reality.
     
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 5, 2015
  18. padraig

    padraig Powers

    I have only gotten half way through but would love ❤ to have heard more about her spiritual life about why they thought her a saint
     
  19. padraig

    padraig Powers

    must pray for Greece today
     
    Joe Crozier likes this.
  20. Joe Crozier

    Joe Crozier Guest

    Kathleen Kilbane wanted to spend her heaven helping people on earth.... like the Little Flower. On her death a very large white rose bloomed in October where it had never bloomed before. Another Little Flower. She had a great devotion to the rosary and when it became too painful to hold the rosary, the blue ribbon in her hair, blue being the colour of Mary, became her sacramental, her physical connection with the Mother of God. She was an exile from her native Scotland and her mother died from TB when she was only two. She had no family with her other than the Holy Family when she died. "Turn then most Gracious Advocate thine eyes of mercy towards us, and after this our exile, show unto us the Blessed fruit of thy womb, Jesus." She prayed silently and her prayers were answered even on earth. She prayed for a chronic migraine sufferer who had no more migraines after her prayer. She was humble; when asked about her heaven if she would go to God with requests from earth she thought carefully before answering. She said she would not know until she got there but she was aware of the awesome majesty of God so she said she would go to her Blessed Mother and ask her to approach God with the requests. She was just a good simple child who had great faith. Purity and innocence. A girl of heroic virtue in the face of great suffering, mental. spiritual and physical and there was no mention of complaints. Even in her pain, suffering much from the cold she offered another patient her hot water bottle. She was always thinking of others. All marks of a saint, at least to me. She died peacefully on the feast of The Holy Rosary. She promised that if after her death anyone heard about her and liked her she would help them. So just for the record Kathleen I like you very much.:) There is a shorter moving tribute on utube In Memory of Kathleen Kilbane that just features Victor Kennedy.
     
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 5, 2015
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Share This Page