Rumour is two cases in Arklow. Two brothers, both now in hospital. One of them has a barber's shop and one was in holiday in Northern Italy. Arklow is a busy town. It also has a huge Tesco store. If the rumour is true and word is out in Arklow, the two nearest towns for shopping would be Bray and Gorey. How long before it spreads there? When the news broke about Wuhan, I read that the wild birds and other weird animals sold in that market were delicacies which only the rich could afford to buy. Northern Italy is the fashion centre and industrial hub. The reason Italy was so badly hit was that the fashion houses get their textiles from China, meaning they have more interaction with China that other parts of Europe. Northern Italy is also an upmarket holiday destination for Europeans. People living payday to payday can't afford to go ski-ing there. This virus is hitting the well-to-do first.
Thankyou MC. Good reminder about Mother Mary. I did not go to Mass this morning--missed the last First Friday because of weather and now because of fear I might bring infection to the elderly nuns where I attend daily Mass not to mention our wonderful priest who has some medical conditions. I'm watching Mass on TV. Fortunately I have made the 9 First Fridays before... but I still hate to miss.
Thanks HH. So far my poor husband is suffering. I am by God's grace fine. We are supposed to babysit our grandchildren Monday. I've sent a heads up to my son that we may be indisposed. I hate to let them down but ....
Oh boy...its happening everywhere. Praying for you and your family HH and everyone else there. (My list is getting longer by the minute)
I'm on my way out to Mass and Adorations for First Friday. You and your husband will be in my prayers.
In fact, quite a lot of people (anyone with any sense) in Ireland have private health insurance. For example, if one needs an operation, it often means the difference between getting it done promptly or waiting for years. As for the solution to a 'hung' parliament, maybe the solution is in the adjective!
Oh brother. I am SO over going on a cruise. Three years ago we were on a cruise like the Diamond Princess and I got a flu--nasty horrible thing that infected the ship. One woman was removed to the hospital. I ended up with pneumonia. By that time I was with my son in Taiwan and on antibiotics. I made it safely home to the states by God's mercy. NEVER again. I am so sorry for all those caught on those floating germ factories.
I hear you Tanker. You have a serious decision to make for sure. It occurs to me that you could take it to the Lord and tell Him all this and ask for a sign. You really do need His guidance in this. In the Old Testament Gideon asked for a sign. He put out a fleece and asked that it be wet by morning and the ground bed dry. It was. But just to make sure he asked again and put out another fleece saying let it be dry and the ground be wet and the next morning it was exactly that so he knew to go ahead and attack the Midianites. If you could think up a specific sign and ask the Lord and accept in faith that He will show you it couldnt hurt. Anyway that's what I would do I think. I will pray for you.
Wise words HH.we just have to wait. Do the practical things we can do to stay healthy and pray. Fr Mark Goring has been excellent on this the last few you tube postings. He really is wonderful.
And for good measure, the first death from the corona virus in the UK happened early Thursday at the hospital I attend for treatment and see a consultant. I am booked for surgery on Monday 16th March, unless they now cancel or move the date because of the recent corona virus case. I don't worry or fret. It is all in Gods' hands. The most important thing is to finish the preparation for Consecration to Jesus through Immaculate Heart of Mary. So God willing we will live to complete our little journey with Blessed Mother to 25th March. Remembering all on the Forum at Holy Mass when I attend. And taking sensible precautions as this latest scare takes it's course.
"Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, Thy rod and Thy staff , they comfort me." Thank you for the remembrances at Mass. Prayer for your surgery. My husband is probably going to have vascular surgery, soon. Life goes on. You are right. Blessed Mother is most important right now.